Sunday, June 28, 2009

*Weekends at the Lake*

Right now I'm listening to "Here's to the Night" by Eve 6, and I LOVE it. It was one of the graduation songs that my brother used for his graduation video. Then we started bringing it to the lake with us, and it's become one of my favorites. "Collie Man" by slightly stoopid is one of my new favs as well. I sing it in my head all the time, and it reminds me of the wonderful weekends on the lake. Pug got his first flip on the wakeboard listening to that song. I wish I could wakeboard. Not gonna happen. lol

I seriously feel like weekends at the lake are little pieces of heaven on earth. I mean...the beautiful water and the wind in my hair, it's just amazing. I went around most of the lake on the sea doo by myself, and it was seriously like all my cares had gone away. I am SO lucky to have a place like that to go! I mean...my summers have been so much more fun since we got the lakehouse. And now that the water is finally warm it's even more fun! There's a sand bar a few feet out from our dock that we swim to and lay out in the water. We might even set up a volleyball court out there! That'd be awesome.

Here's a little idea of my days on the weekends: I start out by goin on the party barge to the dam and back...then get on the master craft and tube. After that I swim in the water and lay on a cozy mat. Then we always have SUCH great food and drinks for snacks and lunch. After that I grab a sea doo and go around the lake as much as I want. When my thumbs get tired from that I come in and lay down on the now docked party barge seats. Then I put my feet in on the swim deck and bask in all the beauty around me. When I get tired I take a nap in my bed inside. Then I wake up and go down to the dock again. It's the perfect set up. It's amazing...and I am even getting a little tan!!!!White ole' me!!!!

Next weekend is July 4th and of course we are going to spend it at the lake! We are having friends come, and it's going to be a blast!!!! Words can't explain how much fun we have. I can't explain how wonderful riding in the front of the boat feels. Everything about the lake is like an escape from real life. I couldn't explain it if I tried to for the rest of my life. That's why you just have to experience it for yourself :)

I always talk about life not being fair....but when it comes to the lakehouse....the non fairness is completely in my favor! And that's when life not being fair is okay lol

No comments:

Post a Comment