Sunday, June 7, 2009

I don't always live by what I'm about to say, but I definitely have a heart that wants to follow them. Just thought I'd write some of the things God has been teaching me lately...

1.) Give mercy freely, no matter how much someone hurts you. There should be no end to our mercy, because there is no sin that Jesus did not pay for on the cross.

2.)You cannot be free if you are seeking vengeance on someone else. Forgiving someone will set you free, hating them will not help anything. If you wish bad things on other people, the Lord will turn His anger from them and onto you. Yikes.

3.) A loose tongue shows a wicked heart, and a mouth that stays closed is wise.

4.) We don't have the "right" to be angry with people. And we are not in a fight against humans, we are in a fight against the spiritual world.

5.)God calls us to go above and beyond forgiveness. We are to bless our enemies and pray for them. It's hard, but the Lord blesses us for it. True love means blessing others and expecting nothing in return. Doing what is right, regardless of a person's reaction.

6.) Doing what the Lord wants is very hard at times, but He will bless us for it. He will reward us for our efforts. I believe that every time I hold my tongue when I feel like saying something mean, the Lord has a reward for it. Because He is good like that. And I know it makes Him happy and smile really big, because He knows I am trying to do what He wants.

7.) God is just, and only in His timing is His justice made perfect. We all reap what we sow. If it doesn't seem like it, give it time. The Lord lets us go our own way and make our own problems most of the time. Free will. It's killer. The bible means it when it says "Do not be misled, you can't ignore God and get away with it. You reap what you sow"-Galatians 6:7 The Lord disciplines those He loves, so sometimes it can be really good. I know I got justice for things, and it has ended up being my saving grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment