Tuesday, June 2, 2009

*Oh, It makes me laugh*

So yesterday I got a call from my best friend Kate telling me that she wanted me to come to a bible study. She said it was a ministry for single women that got together to learn more about Christ. Well that sounded really great, so of course I said I'd go. I mean I'm a single gal and planning on staying that way for a LONG time! I'm a single woman, loving Christ, why not go to the study? I had plans to go with Allyson to Chili's at five, but I figured I could rush and get out by six. So 5:45 rolls around and I have to leave before my chocolate molten cake gets there which is like a crime in itself. But I left anyway so I wouldn't be late.

When we drove up we noticed there were only like ten cars in the parking lot, but we decided to go in anyway. Then we walked in and saw in the middle of the church ten middle aged, pleasantly plump women sitting in a circle. All the sudden I felt a pinch on my arm and Kate whispered "KEEP WALKING!" so we walked right past the singles group and hid in the bathroom. I was laughing so hard because apparently we had the wrong idea of what a singles bible study was. I was like "Maybe we aren't considered singles yet since we are still in College! And under the age of 40!" She was just laughing so hard and made us walk around the whole building so we didn't run into them again. And then of course we saw a license plate that said something similar to "Junista" and Kate was like "Junista! She wouldn't miss it!" and we were just like crying from laughing so hard. I think we are gonna go ahead and think twice before thinking "singles"refers to us. Cause really...a five year old kid is single, but that's not really what the bible study was targeting. I think we are gonna be okay. hahaha And there is no such thing as a scarlett "S" for being single. haha And if there was..I think I'd take that "S" by my own accord! :) Oh man, that is a memory that will stay with me forever. That is all I have to say for now. Really deep, I know. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment