Sunday, June 21, 2009

*HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!*

This Father's day has really made me think about how blessed I am having the dad I have. I have thought about a few things, and just thought I would write them down. I am so thankful for having a dad like him! :)I have a dad who says "I'm really proud of you" at least once a week.I have a dad that has never missed a dance recital or game in my entire life.I have a dad that cheered me on in softball, even when I was the worst on the team. He used to scream "GOOD EYE!" when I would just stand there like a deer in the headlights when the ball came my way.I have a dad who didn't take up a hobby on the weekends, because he said his hobby was going to be his family.I have a dad who could afford to buy me a brand new car on my sixteenth birthday, but decided to get me a 2,000 dollar cruddy maroon car to share with my sister to teach me some sort of life lesson. I have a dad who is always ready to forgive. No matter how bad I mess up, it only takes a hug and a sincere "I'm really sorry, dad" and he never brings it up again.I have a dad who spanked me into friendliness, because he truly cared about me.I have a dad who has always been gruff around the boys I date, because he doesn't trust them. I was so upset then, but now I'm kinda happy about it. Dad has a better judge of character than me! But with Logan he has been nothing but amazing. And Logan is the true love for molly. That shows when my true love comes along, he will love him and be kind. Note to self....LISTEN TO DAD NEXT TIME! ha! He kinda knows what he is saying :)I have a dad who always has a joke to say, and can always make me laugh.I have a dad who saw that I wasn't in the right place at my last College, and did whatever he could to get me into OBU. Oh..and he pays for College without any scholarships...yikes..that's a nice dad!I have a dad who I can trust will be there for his family. I trust him with all my heart, and I can't say that about many people. He is a good man, and he will always be loyal to us.I have a dad who goes to work early, just so he can get off early to see us.I have a dad that gives me hope that there are truly good men out there in a world where good men are very hard to find.I have a dad that follows the Lord, and shows what true leadership is all about.I have a dad who is overworked and under appreciated, but never complains about it one bit.I have a dad that shows all the characteristics that I will look for in a man one day.I have a dad who is truly someone to look up to. He is someone I can easily respect.I have a dad who I am privileged to know and love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment