Wednesday, July 1, 2009

*I love them!*

With each day that passes I start to love the children in my fourth grade class more and more. I had no idea on the first day that my heart was going to be given away to so many people. There I was, trying to keep my heart to myself, and a couple of nine year olds came and stole it away! :)

Today I turned to a little boy who was giving me puppy dog eyes cause he wanted to draw instead of read, and I was like "Look at your hands..my heart is pretty much sitting there..this is unfair!!!!Okay...you can draw!"...But I made him read some, too. Gotta stay on target. I have recently developed such a love for this particular student. And the funny thing is, he is one of the more rebellious kids. He is a master at finding trouble. But something that I have learned is that the kids that get into the most trouble are more than likely the kids that need the most love. So I gave more effort to getting to know him, and I've realized that a little love goes a long way. This kid who used to be a thorn in my side has suddenly become someone I deeply care for. And it turns out his family background is extremely harsh...and all of it makes perfect sense.

I truly believe that no kid was put in my classroom by mistake. We were put together this summer for a reason. Some of the reasons I have already figured out...and some I have yet to understand. But I know that the Lord has a plan for me and each child in the room, and I am very thankful that our lives have crossed...even if only for a time. I love these kids,I really do. One little girl was crying cause she was having a hard time, and I cried on my way home for her! I cried because I didn't want her to hurt like that. I felt her pain, because I love her. Love is hard sometimes. But it's so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment