Wednesday, June 3, 2009

*Independent Boulevard*

It is FINALLY time to start work again! I am so excited! I have all my stuff ready to make the bulletin board and decorate my fourth grade classroom!!! I babysat for two girls that are going to be in my class today, and it really got me pumped! I had a blast with the girls doing all this random stuff that only a kid would think of. We pretended like their dog was a superstar and took it to it's different photo shoots. Then we made the whole alphabet with our bodies, haha...After that we had a lemonade stand, and unfortunately sales were down. I mean, I definitely stop at every lemonade stand I see because it is owned and operated by some kid that will be so happy at the sale! I always keep a quarter or two in my purse in case I come upon a lemonade stand. Those kids worked hard on that lemonade!!! But,not gonna lie, I bought ours already made. I told them it would give them more time for the poster, when in reality I just didn't want to make it. And for goodness sake you can buy it already made! Why would you ever buy it in powder?

Soooo.........

The good news is nobody has congratulated me on my "engagement" in the past two days! Luckily it all has kinda blown over and that means less people coming up and giving me a congratulatory hug. Some people would even grab my finger to see the ring, only to turn away embarrassed by my very bare left hand. But the diamond that will be on there some day will be quite large and heavy, so I need to work out my finger before I am ready to wear it. It really is all for the best. My finger is not near ready! And I really am starting to love my life. I have such a peace about it all. I am content with my circumstances, and even more than that I like where I am!!! I am starting to think I don't want to date for like two years! Maybe more! Independent boulevard is the street I'm planning on traveling. That song "I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T" is about me, you know? Except for the REAL words are : "I N D E P E N D E N T do you know what that means? She's got her own dorm (that her dad bought), she's got her own car (that her dad gave her), work hard (kinda), two jobs (well one in the summer) ....Okay maybe that song isn't about me. But still. I want to be independent of anyone on a love level while being very dependent on a dad level. I just want my heart to be fully given to Christ and no other love have Him. It's our time. I mean...I have a lot of growing to do!!! And it's not really a time of waiting, because it's definitely a fun time and full of spiritual growth!!!!Not to mention the Lord is providing such wonderful things in my life that bring so much joy!!! He is so nice like that! Being in the Lord's will feels SO much better than any relationship ever could! And that is just the truth!!!

I am LOVING being so close to the Lord! It is so easy to give my full life to Him when I am independent. For the first time in my life I feel like I can honestly follow Him without my plans or will getting in the way! Because I seriously have no plans or will! I am not worried about what will or won't happen! I am just on cruise baby! And everything just seems so much clearer!!!! I am very thankful for what the Lord has done! :) I am going to bed now....I need some sleep so I can be rested to decorate my treasure board! I am PUMPED about starting work!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment