Friday, June 5, 2009

*Friday Night Ramblings*

Right now I am laying on the big red couch in front of a big screen tv watching Gilmore Girls...and let me just say, life is good. I'm waiting on Kate to get here because she is spending the night and we are going to the lake tomorrow. Even though I feel completely worn-out from the parent meet and greet today. There are 39 kids in my class which means a lot of meeting to do! Kristin was out of town so I had to do it all alone, and there are many awkward social moments to be had in a situation like that.

The meet and greet is like a time for the kids to hide behind the parents legs and make the teacher feel really awkward. I really think that's what it's for. But the people would never know it because my mom spanked me into friendliness so I do pretty well in situations like that. I smile really big and pretend to know what I'm talking about. The parents ask me tons of questions and I answer with something that sounds amazing. I am actually really proud of what comes out of my mouth. I'm like YA, SELF! That sounded really good! Lots of the kids seem like they are going to be great, but I have a feeling the fish tank is gonna become a problem. I have a fish tank in the room that the kids aren't supposed to touch, but you know that's the first thing they run to, lol. I am excited though....I mean I want to make day camp fun, because it's the way I'm spending my summer, too. Eight to ten hours a day!

It's kinda weird because the classrooms are in the new school building, which is my old church building. So many memories from my childhood are screaming from those halls. It brings back memories I forgot were even in my memory bank. It's interesting how things in life can bring memories back like that. And you know what else is interesting? How time works. So much has happened in this past year, but now that I am reconnecting with people from last year it feels like no time has passed and nothing has happened since then. I feel like I'm back where I was, but in reality this year has held a lot! I was really glad to see my babies from last year. I got a lot of little hugs that made my day! :) I am excited for the summer.....I'm gonna get back to my show now. This red couch is seriously the best place in the world to be. I have the perfect pillows and the perfect blankets. I wish this moment would never end :)...I am easily content. I like that about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment