Wednesday, June 24, 2009

*Healthy Fear*

I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around...which brings me to the terror of reapin' what I have sown. Because I am not really good at much, but I am amazing at sowing. But not the good kind of sowing! And, baby, do I reap it! I think that's why I am a firm believer. A good fear of the Lord has lead me to this conclusion. I also believe that if you are not reapin' what you sow, then you really don't have a major place in furthering the Kingdom of God. I mean, there are obviously exceptions. And who am I to REALLY know? But the Lord disciplines those He loves. I definitely might be one of those babies of His that need a few more spankings than the rest. It seems like my entire life He has always sent me to the verse that says "Don't be like the senseless mule that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control." And lots of times I proved to need that bit and bridle. But as I grow older, I am needing it less and less. The good news is...He has made it pretty clear to me that I have a very high calling...He said it to me Himself! I think because of my higher calling, He probably won't let me do my own thing long. He never has. If He lets you do your own thing...um, yikes for you. But he def doesn't let me! But it's for good reason. Because of it I have a healthy fear, but fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge! So...yea knowledge!

Today there was someone that was in the bathroom for literally 15 mintues, and I was laughing and joking about what might be goin' on in there. I was almost crying from laughing so hard, and then I was almost crying from fear! "OH...SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to have to be stuck in the bathroom 15 minutes with people laughing at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I quickly stopped and kept my last comments to myself.

Now, I honestly don't think I will have to be stuck in the bathroom with people laughing at me. Justice might not exactly work that way. But it kinda does. And I am better safe than sorry. I have reaped enough in my life to know that I should fear. I have been spanked plenty of times by the Good Lord. And all for my own good! But even though it's for my good, it sometimes feels like the paddle breaks in half, like it did on a trip when I was six. Mom was mad because I shut Molly's head in the door, and I got spanked with a paddle that was apparently thin and it broke. Mom and dad got a paddle that was three inches thicker the next day. It isn't pretty, friends. But it does bring results! Great ones! Molly's head was never shut in the door again! And when the Lord disciplines me, it has even better results!!! Because He is God! And all that comes from Him just works better! The good news is...each spiritual spanking has made me a better person....because the Lord loves me a lot apparently. He thinks someone like me is perfect for the job He has for me. Crazy as it seems, I think I have a big job to do for Him. (Considering all the spankings I've gotten).I fear for reapin', but I'd fear worse if I wasn't reapin. Because that means I wouldn't have a big role for God..and I sure do want one! And even if I'm taking 'What Goes Around Comes Around" too far....at least I'm thinking about it. And at least it's making me think about my actions.

Anyways.....I know the Lord is good in every way!!! I am so thankful to Him for all He has done! What a wonderful, wonderful God that would spank me into the life I need to be living. He has never let me go it alone long. How kind..how very kind. :) :) :)

*GOODNIGHT* :)

No comments:

Post a Comment