Thursday, May 26, 2011

*Shocked and Appalled!*

Shocked and appalled doesn't even begin to describe how I felt when Lady Gaga decided it was a good idea to basically have a sex scene on stage during the American Idol finale last night! First of all, isn't this supposed to be a family show, and second of all the two finalists are YOUNG TEENAGERS!!!!! If Mcdonald's can get sued for coffee being hot, Gaga should be sued for teen pregnancies! Really?!?! REALLLLLY, Fox?!

Every time I see her she looks at me with those crazy eyes and if she is wearing clothes I breathe a sigh of relief. I mean what's next?! What's in the future for my kids?!?! Am I going to have to move my children to a remote island to homeschool them just so they don't have to see people walking around naked in the streets?! Is that what is next for us, people?!?! Gaga is apparently making more money that anyone else right now. How has this happened?! I mean, I am seriously up in the middle of the night freaked out that this is what our world is coming to. Right before she came on Ryan Seacrest called her a "mentor"….scary, scary, SCARY!!!!! In Gaga's world, it's a spooky halloween night every minute!

Not only did Gaga decide to give me a heart attack, but Beyonce sang her "favorite song" with the words "make love to me" like every other second! SERIOUSLY?!?! CLEARLY teenagers and young kids are watching that!!! For heavens sakes, adults shouldn't even have to listen, either!!! I have always been a fan of Beyonce's diva walk, but last night I was disappointed. All of the sexual stuff in the show took away from the actual winning of America Idol in my mind! I mean sex is made so cheap these days which is very sad to me.

Besides, the woman's body isn't even respected anymore!!! I mean, I don't want anyone but my husband seeing my stomach I'm so conservative, so you can imagine just how appalling all this is to me. I may seem way too modest to some, but I'm not a free for all!!!! I don't want my man thinking he's just another one of the millions of guys getting a peeksy!!! He deserves better than that and so do I!!! Does nobody see things the way I do anymore? Aren't our bodies meant to be precious gifts given to the one we love and not just thrown around for all to see? What are we teaching our children??? I know that a lot of my students watch American Idol and it makes me sick thinking that they saw some of that stuff last night.

Luckily, both Scotty and Lauren are very vocal about their morals and values and I'm sure they weren't happy about what was going on up there, either. How wonderful to see that America chose those two to be in the finals!!! I love the country genre so much. Jack Black was a positive addition to the show as well and seriously funny as usual. He decided to show up completely covered which was very considerate of him I thought.

Yep…I'm extremely conservative and proud of it!!! I will be that homeschooling mom that shelters my kids for a while and I don't care who has a problem with that! We are going to wear clothes and love Jesus. End of story.

2 comments:

  1. all i can say is A BIG AMEN!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to like lady gaga because her dance hits are great for jamming and i totally agree in her "message" of self-confidence etc. BUT WHOA! the idol performance was over the top in the bad waaaaaay. yikes!!! and beyonce was so awesome in her medley and diva self, but her solo song was AWKWARD! yowza.
    "we are going to wear clothes and love Jesus." love it. love you, abby.

    ReplyDelete