Monday, May 23, 2011

*Excuse me?!?!*

On the car ride to the beach on Friday, I decided not to eat very much so I could really enjoy my BackPorch food that night. I dream of the Grouper Florentine all year so this was not just an ordinary eating experience. All I ate the entire day was a pork sandwich and a banana so you can imagine how starving I was by the time I got to there. I would never suggest doing that again because apparently showing up that ravenous brings about some embarrassing results.

Our waiter was a little late coming to the table and I could tell right away that he was a slightly immature. The way he acted just seemed young, but I can only imagine how immature I was when I worked at Tropical Smoothie and Dairy Queen, so no judgments here. We ordered our food and he was sure to throw in his two cents between every sentence.

I got my food and literally shoveled it in because I was so hungry without caring what others thought around me. Once the waiter came back I asked him very urgently where the desert menu was like the world would come to an end if I didn't get it NOW! Next thing I know, his eyes are wide and he takes a dramatic step back. "WOA! You really threw down! I'm a 21 year old guy and I couldn't do what you just did! In fact, large men come in here all the time and don't do what you do!!!"

*EXCUSE ME?!?!?!!?!??!!* Does he not have ANY sisters or women in his life?!?! Wrong wrong WONG thing to say! Especially to a female needing her desert and QUICK! I gave him an ugly face and he laughed saying: "I'm not meaning anything BAD by it AT ALL, I'm just super impressed! REALLY!!!" He acted like we were going to be friends after that moment but too bad for him our interactions were OVER.

I mean seriously?! It wasn't THAT bad. I'm sick of all these salad eating women making all the men out there think every girl should eat like a bird! Not true!!! I've noticed the happiest girls are the ones that yell frantically for the desert menu! I can pretty much promise you that!!! In fact...they are usually the most confident, too. Believe it or not, most girls I've talked to who are constantly worried about what they eat are the most insecure of them all! It's an odd reality, but true non the less! To find a really confident gal just listen for the one screaming: "EXTRA CHOCOLATE, PLEASE!!!!!"

Just sayin.




2 comments:

  1. Abby, I am one of the fastest eaters ever and I have gotten comments from waiters like " are you gonna lick your plate?" or the most humiliating was when a waiter gathered the attention of all the other tables around and said " did everyone see how fast this girl just ate her food." Neither of these waiters got a a good tip from me :) i was mortified!

    and hello! you were hungry!!! who doesn't eat fast when they are hungry!!!? Boys...they may never learn what they can and can't say to a girl.

    ReplyDelete