Thursday, May 19, 2011

*My Day as a Princess*

As some of you may know, today is my big debut as Snow White in the kindergarten production. I woke up early and dressed up in my princess outfit not knowing exactly HOW fun it would be.

The moment I walked into the school, students stopped what they were doing and looked at me with wide eyes. Some gasped, some put their hand over their mouths, and some couldn't get to me fast enough. "Snow White!!! What are you doing here?! How did you get here?!?!" Some of those kids REALLY thought I was Snow White! I finally got the chance to be what I've always wanted to be...a princess. And it felt GOOD. haha

It was funny because even students who were old enough to know I wasn't ACTUALLY Snow White still came up to me and talked to me like I was. One fifth grade boy smiled at me and said "Where's your prince, Snow White?" I told him that my prince was late showing up and if he sees him to notify me at once! haha Mrs. W had to make a "no touching" rule because all of the kids wanted to come up and grab me. I even had a place to stand that was out of the way so everyone wasn't running to me. I almost felt like a fragile plate or something.

Once we went through our dress rehearsal, I got in my car and realized I was about to run out of gas. To my disappointment, I only had cash and did not bring another outfit to change into. I had to walk into the gas station DECKED OUT in full princess attire and it was quite the scene. All of the subway people were laughing, but the funny thing is EVERYONE went along! "Snow White is here!" said the man at the desk. Then I went out into the parking lot and some people rolled down their windows to scream at me. Everyone wants to believe, I think...even adults. It's kinda like Santa and how we always talk about him even though we know the truth. (Although, I've heard he has a facebook.)

Anyway, I got lucky because I got to live the dream and get the fame of a Princess for one day. Not to mention it's quite the compliment if kids really believe you're a Disney princess because if you have some growth on your face, they are the first to tell you. I'm feelin pretty good about myself right now, actually! haha I was a princess for the day and it was just as good as I thought it would be. :)

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME! hope to be there tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait to see you tonight Princess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat! - Can't wait to see the posted pictures! We must be in need of Hero figures, even cartoon ones. Thanks for making your environments so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make the perfect Snow White!

    ReplyDelete