Tuesday, May 10, 2011

*Nightmare Come True!*

Most graduates have the "dreams". The ones where we finally make it to graduation, but they stop us in our tracks and say we have ONE MORE class to take. It's kind of like when people are having a baby and dream that they give birth to a wooly mammoth instead of a child. I think the "dreams" just come with all life phases.

I've been having dreams like that and am always thrilled to wake up and realize they aren't true. Unfortunately something that SHOULD only be in a graduation nightmare has totally happened to me today in the form of a letter.

I went to get my graduation outfit from the bookstore and of course had to try it on while humming the cliche graduation song. I marched around Macy singing in my black robe for a while celebrating the fact that my worries were over! Graduation was near and I was going to be licensed very soon! Then I had a thought out of nowhere that interrupted my fun….maybe I should check my school mail because I haven't all semester?

Next thing I know I have my face shoved in a mailbox staring at the most horrifying sight! It was a large envelope from the police department that stated: "URGENT! REPLY IMMEDIATE!" First of all…I don't think immediate was used correctly, and second of all it was time to FREAK OUT! The police had sent it in JANUARY and expected me to reply in thirty days. Turns out my fingerprints didn't go through and my background check wasn't cleared.

I ran up to one of my professors and asked them how serious this was and she said: "Oh, it just means you can't get licensed unless you figure that out! That's how big of a deal it is!" WHATTTTT?!?!?! Insert another record scratch of my life! I have worked five years to get a degree and here come the po po being the biggest buzz kill of my life!

I will figure out how to make all this right and I have till August to get my license, but REALLY?! Come on! haha I'll keep you posted on my professional status…I'm going to the Po's office this week to get it all sorted out.

Yikes, right?

1 comment:

  1. What a shock! The first time I did the prints, I did not have any prints. I had been handling too much paper, but they let me through anyway. I the process goes pretty fast, and am praying you do not get anymore surprises!

    ReplyDelete