Wednesday, February 24, 2010

*Nervous Twitch and What Really Matters*

I have developed a nervous twitch in my left eye lid. I am not kidding you, at random points in the day it will just start shaking for a long time without my permission. I have no idea where this twitch has come from, but it has grown enough strength to become a bother in my life.

I started noticing this twitch last week after a few stressful days. On top of that I didn't get much sleep, so I figured that this was just a sign that I needed more pillow time. Well, I have slept plenty and the twitch seems to just grow in power. I even feel like people have begun to stare at it, which makes me nervously twitch even more. I don't know how to control this new issue that I am facing. It's quite awkward and uncomfortable to tell you the truth.

I notice that this peculiar movement of my left eye occurs every single Spanish class and shows up in Science on the more mathematical days. It also makes an appearance around lunch or dinner time when I'm thinking about what I'm going to do about eating with people. The caf has always been a place of sheer terror for me. The twitch is apparently turned on by my frightened feelings which does not make my comfort level any better. What if I run into someone I don't want to? What if I can't find any friends? What if I get stuck in a weird conversation? What if I drop my tray? What if the crowded room causes the twitch to do a double time speed drill?!?!?! It's a lot for a girl to handle.

The good news is that I'm I'm having a lot more hopeful feelings than I did last time I wrote. I've been feeling good and changing some of my mindsets for the better. I have realized that when my life gets super busy, it is more important to make time for God than time with friends. Even if I feel like I don't have much human contact because of the lack of time, it's more important for me to spend that time with the Lord. Because if I spend all my extra time with people and not with the Lord, I'll be miserable, and make others miserable. I think it's always best to find time for the Lord first. It's frustrating that I forget that sometimes. I guess I just get so caught up in my everyday life that I forget what really matters. It's so easy to get caught up in the world and things here start to feel like they matter more than things above and unseen. But that is very untrue…..the things unseen matter so much more than whatever is happening around me. That is the most important thing, and I have to remember that for my own good. :)

*Goodnight*

-My eye just twitched…it's twitching right now as I write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment