Monday, February 8, 2010

*Nightmares and Mailmen*

It's 6:00am and I am completely awake. I know that sounds crazy, but you would be too if you just had the terrible dream I did. I mean…….my heart is still pounding. Can I also just take a quick moment to say that my automatic lights scare me and have a mind of their own. The bathroom light turns on and off without anyone being in there. Who or what is causing the sensor to go off?!?! I have no idea!!!!! Anyway...

In the dream I was getting married and my hair was awful and my dress was awful and I was marrying one of my exes! I hadn't even talked to him for like a year so I wasn't sure if he was going to even show up. Well, he did, and he came in and hugged me and told me he bought me a bird to take care of. A bird?!?! Do you hate me?!?!? I don't want a bird!!!!!! So then it was time to go down the aisle but my favorite song came on and I started dancing so by the time I went to the aisle the entire wedding party had left! Nobody could find the bride so they just ended up leaving. So the preacher married us in the hallway and my new "husband" asked for some cash to get gas for our honeymoon trip. "Don't you have some cash?!" I said annoyed. "Nope, that's one of the reasons I've married you!". (Insert me giving a newly married blissful..DEATH STARE!!!)Then we had to stop by the mall and I saw the cutest dress I'd ever seen! On top of that, I had forgotten to pack anything for the trip we were taking so finding the dress was the best thing that had happened all day!!! "Can I get this?!?! It's perfect!!!" and the words he said were haunting: "No, you can't ever get any clothes again! This money is going towards a leaky faucet!!!!"

That's when I woke up screaming. I can't go back to sleep. It's too much to bare! What a horrible dream!!!!!!! Marrying an ex?! A bird?!! Horrible hair?!!!! Not even making it on time to the aisle?! My husband asking me for cash?!?! Not allowing me to buy a dress that I NEEDED?!?! That wasn't pleasure shopping!!!!!! AHHHH!!! Thank goodness for reality. I was not excited about getting up early for a Monday and having a long day of work, but right now….I'm just happy to be awake! Monday is much better than sleep right now!

Speaking of Monday morning…..my mailman is probably awake and getting ready for his long week of keeping the U.S. mail system going. Apparently I've had the same mailman since I was two years old and he has our same last name. I'd never met him before, but he came to the door with a package and we started talking for the first time. Turns out he knows every address we've ever had and what's been going on in our lives through our mail! He said he's watched us grow up and even saw us riding our go cart around at the old house all the time. That's when I was about ten or so! How crazy is that?!?!?! This man knowing all about my life, yet me never knowing him. I think we need to pay attention to our mailmen more. Because they know the inner details of our lives and they deserve some chat time.

No comments:

Post a Comment