Tuesday, February 9, 2010

*I'm TRAUMATIZED!!!*

There are days in life that define us….some that are good, and others that are down right horrible. These days change who we are and what are lives are going to look like forever. You know….the day you are born, the day you go to school for the first time, the day someone you love dies, the day you become a Christian, the day you get your heart broken, the day your house goes up in flames, the day you get married, the day you wreck your car, the day you realize that your skirt is caught up in your undies and your booty is out for all to see,the day you have a child, and last but not least…the day you get your head stuck in an elevator for the first time. All of these make up who we are and define our lives in a lot of ways. I am all about those defining moments (especially the good ones) but I wasn't ready for one to happen today. 2/9/2010 was supposed to be an ordinary day, but to my utter horror it has been added to the list of life-changing days in my life.

It all started when I didn't feel like walking down a flight of steps with my friend Kristen. The elevator is the safest bet considering stairwells have a number of hazards. Safety first is what I always say! But safety did not come first…I had no idea that I was on a ride that was much more terrible than the "Tower of Terror" ever could be!

I should have changed my mind when we had to step UP to get into the elevator. When it's not directly leveled proportionally to the ground, that means there are issues. But I am a trusting person when it comes to machinery, so I went in anyway. The noises were haunting and the elevator shook all around as Kristen grabbed my arm for dear life in a panic. We finally got to the second floor and Kristen was glad to get off. I said my goodbyes and suddenly saw my friend Theresa sitting on a bench on the second floor. "HEY!!!!" I said as I poked my head out of the elevator waving….and that's when my life changed. That's the moment that the door CLOSED mercilessly on my head!!!!! My screams filled the halls of the entire building as I was thrown into a whirlwind of shock and adrenaline! What if this goes down and my head is stuck?!?!? My temples were hurting so bad!!!! My feelings were hurt as well!!! I was NOT okay!!!! I didn't even know how I would survive this mess, but I knew somehow I would!!!!! And I did!!! Obviously!!! Since I AM writing this right now. It's a miracle, actually.

I'm here to tell you that physically…I am okay. But emotionally…I am a train wreck. Gifts and flowers in honor of this day will be accepted. Defining days are the days when family and friends come together to support each other. I am willing to be supported. That is all for today.

1 comment: