Thursday, February 4, 2010

*Facebook Etiquette*

Recently, I have seen some facebook users who have decided to use facebook improperly. Considering I have many years in cotillion that have officially made me "fancy"..I am going to throw down a few rules for being polite on facebook. There is a way to use it correctly, and a way that will just drive people nuts. In order for everyone to have a clear idea of what's okay and what's not okay on facebook….here's a couple of etiquette rules for you to live by if you are an upstanding citizen:

1.) If you clearly have a following of people who would like to stalk you more freely, stop getting on and not changing your status!!! Don't make us refresh your page day after day to see no change at all. This is just rude.

2.) Write back on a person's wall if they write on yours. It's not like I'm writing on your wall to exercise my fingers!!! It means I want a response!!!!! Don't be the person that doesn't give thirty seconds to a wall post.

3.)This rule is the one exception to the rule stated above. If someone writes on your wall that is clearly creepy, you are not bound by the rules of etiquette to write back. But maybe you should remove all of those types of people anyway.

4.)If you are a guy and do not know me, stop adding me and other girls!!!! I am sick of having questionable messages from clearly 'single-for-a-reason' males around the world.

5.)Don't flaunt your chest on facebook pictures.I'm not going to throw my morals at anyone, because that's my main reason…but beyond that... If you have scantily clad pictures, there are plenty of men scanning through your pics and thinking things. If I'm a girl and I can't help but wonder what might be going on under there…imagine someone who is actually attracted to you. Do you REALLY want beer belly bobby checking you out?!?!??!

6.)Don't stop using facebook as a means of communication just because you talk all the time in person. Facebook is fun, and getting closer should not hinder your facebook life!!! I can't tell you how many boys have let me down in my facebook life whenever we start talking all the time…their reason: "Well, I can just tell you in person when I see you in five minutes!"…Wrong answer!!!! lol I say "boys" because girls write on your wall MORE when you talk all the time. A major difference between males and females is males may think "Well, we talked alot so that should be good" and females think "We talked alot which means we need to talk some more!" haha

7.)Do not post the intimate details of your love life for all to see. Nobody likes to see kissing pictures and nobody thinks it's cute but yourself. I know the world is perfect and your love is all you need…but please…let me keep my lunch.

8.) Use many exclamations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND SMILEYS!!! :D :D :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't this sentence feeling so much more positive than the others?!??! :)!

9.) Have fun and use the "like" button freely! It makes people feel good!


So there you have it…now you have no excuse for using facebook improperly or driving me nuts. I hope that this helps you further your facebook life in a healthy way. Remeber…facebook is a beautiful thing when used correctly.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHHA LOVE THE RULES!!!!!!! AND I'll try to change my status more often!!! LOL :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these rules! It should be required that all facebook users agree to these rules prior to receiving their account!!! :D Perhpas a facebook course we all could log into...hmmm

    ReplyDelete