Monday, February 15, 2010

*Diary of a Fuze Blowin Survivor *

I am sitting on my bathroom floor and I have no intention of moving. Once you hear what I've been through you will understand why I have come to love this bathroom floor I now reside on. Just call me rug girl, cause I'm not going ANYWHERE!

It all started out when it decided to snow outside even though I prayed that it wouldn't. I guess that it wasn't my day for the Good Lord to answer "yes" to me. I even thought I had faith as small as a mustard seed, but maybe there's more to that verse than my human brain understands.

I decided to be positive because I'm sick of being sad, so I went against my better judgment and had a snowball fight outside. A certain friend of mine (who will remain nameless since I'm about to say a bad thing) threw a snowball in my hood that would later ruin my night. When I went upstairs a little later I threw my coat on the bed without thinking about the snowball in the hood. When I grabbed my coat I was shocked and appalled at what I saw all over my sheets. SNOW!!!!! MELTING SNOW!!!!!! All over my new clean, warm sheets!!!! NOOOO!!!!!!! My bed is my safe place! My haven! My escape!!!! And now snow had seeped it's way into it's cozy covers!!!!

After freaking out for a few seconds, I decided to be positive again. I'll just turn on my heat warmer and the bed will be as good as new before we know it! But then I thought about how water comes up from the ground and makes rain and snow and a dead person could possibly be in that snow. I mean, seriously. The water may have come from a graveyard, built into snow in the clouds, then fell to the ground at this very school. Let's just say you won't see me eating any snow anytime soon! That's all I'm gonna say about that.

So back to my trying to stay positive moment…well…I turned on my heated mattress pad, then turned on my heater, and then as I was plugging in my phone something horrible happened….everything stopped. I didn't panic at that point, because I figured I had tripped over a cord or something. No. After a few trials and errors I found out that I had just blown a fuze. None of my plug-ins were working anymore!!!! Now all I had was a snow filled bed and a frown.

I forced myself to make it through the freezing night, but was constantly woken up with the chills. It turns out that our heater does not work in here, so I was literally camping. I went to bed cold, woke up cold, went to class cold, and couldn't find any sort of relief. I talked to two RA's and even banged on the head of the dorm's door. I told him of my predicament: "None of my plug-ins work and my heated mattress pad is what gets me through!!!!!" I said in a horrified tone. He began to laugh at me and said "Well, I hope you find SOME way to keep warm without that mattress pad!" and began laughing again. Where's the humor? Cause I can't find it.

Maybe other people just can't understand. Maybe I have this rare disease where the cold weather sticks to my skin and never gets off. Luckily the plug ins still work in the bathroom so I have my heater in here and I am cuddled up to it for the night. I really hope that I inform you very soon that this problem is taken care of, because how can a girl get an education when things like this are happening at home?

No comments:

Post a Comment