Monday, February 1, 2010

*We Aren't Wild Mountain People!!!!!*

I was extremely peaceful and happy cuddled in my blankies without a care in the world. My head was off to dream world while my heated mattress pad and box fan worked together to make a beautiful masterpiece. Everything in life was at it should be and the worries of my life were cast aside. No fear of the darkness or cold, just happy, warm times. That is until I was rudely woken up with a weird, loud sound and a few sparks. My ears were no longer comforted by the sound of the fan and my body no longer felt the nurturing warmth of the heat from below. I peeked one eye open…what's going on?! Is it the end of the world?!??!?!

Yes, I do jump to dramatic conclusions on a daily basis. I popped up and heard another noise again and looked out the window…darkness!!!!!!! Quiet….to an eerie degree. More sparks…why is my room sparking up?! Why am I freezing?!?! That's when I realized the power had gone out. I waited for the generator to click in like it always does…waited…waited. Usually a generator comes on immediately, but maybe this one is faulty. Still waiting….then it hit me. We may not have one!!!! And now that I've only gotten a few hours of sleep and have been completely woken up, I AM GRUMPY!!!!! So here's what I think…

I think that the new dorms could have done WITHOUT a movie theatre, plasma screens, and automatic lights and gotten a GENERATOR!!! Maybe even a WATER FOUNTAIN!!!!!!! How about a little free hydration for once?!?! How about being sensible?!?! How about surviving!!!! We aren't wild mountain people, here!!! I'm not used to this!

1 comment:

  1. Life is so hard, I dont know how you handle it. :)
    Hodge

    ReplyDelete