Thursday, July 29, 2010

*112 Pets*

The good news is, I am feeling 100% better about my quarter life crisis than I was before. Mostly because of Jesus and also because of the show "Hoarding Animals". The lady on the show lived in a trailer and had 15 cats and 97 dogs. The moment I heard that my lungs started caving in and I yelled to my friends: "I need oxygen!!!"

Not only could you not see the floor because of all the dogs, but they were pooping freely and apparently cost a TON of money. She didn't need to live the trailer life, but she chose to so her "children" would be able to live there, too. She married Bucky the love of her life who sadly died a year later….Larry was her next husband, but the pet issue became too much. Now her third husband Don is on his last leg and very unhappy with her 112 pets. He has to work two to three jobs to support them and Don is on his last limb. Calling a tv show to bring cameras into their personal life is the only way to save the failing marriage.

I tried to decide last night which would be worse: Being stuck on the Deadliest Catch boat in -49 degree weather with my life on the line everyday, or in a trailer full of 112 animals. That is a reallly hard decision to make, because both are pretty much terrible. But honestly? I think I'd choose to go out to see with the boys before I lived in a trailer with that many pets. I'd actually go out to sea before allowing a real dog to sleep in my bed with me come to think of it. But then again…the boat smells like fish and cigarettes so that is just as bad. If I had surgery to take away my sense of smell, both would be easier to cope with.

Let's just say I'm really happy with my life because I'm not in either of those situations. It could be worse…it could ALWAYS be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment