Sunday, July 4, 2010

*Lost Earring and Talent*

I lost one of my earrings two days ago and spent about twenty minutes of the day trying to find it. While I was searching, I kept stepping on something really sharp which made the lost ear ring that much more annoying. Nothing like a hurt foot to heighten your irritability. I searched high and low, through every drawer, underneath my bead…everywhere. My foot was throbbing and the earring was nowhere in site. I was about to give up the search, but decided to look through my make-up bag one more time. On my way there I ended up stepping on something sharp AGAIN. "AHHH!" I screamed out loud to myself…. half from the pain and half from frustration. That was the last time..I was determined to get rid of whatever it was. I made sure to keep my foot in the same spot and slowly lifted it up so I wouldn't miss what was underneath. Laying there in the shadow of my raised foot was……..my ear ring. Smart, Abby. REALLY smart.

I didn't end up wearing that pair of ear rings because I wasn't ready to lose them again. So really, I wasted twenty minutes of my life, but at least I'm not hurting my foot any longer.

We went to the lake all day yesterday to celebrate the fourth of July. I must say…I have become quite proficient at being the third wheel. (Or the fifth wheel in yesterdays case). I may not have many talents, but being the third/fifth wheel is something I am an expert at. Can I put that on my resume? On list of talents I don't have much, so maybe I can add that to the list? Surely it will help me further myself in some way as most talents do.

Anyway, Happy July 4th, people! :) This is one of my favorite Holidays. We are going on a river cruise tonight downtown to eat and watch fire works. Kate's boyfriend can't make it, so i won't be a wheel of any sort. Not that i mind, I just am getting so good at it that I don't want to make onlookers jealous of my skills is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment