Thursday, July 15, 2010

*Shocking Status'*

There are things I find so shocking in my newsfeed on facebook. This is not a complaint or critique, just an observation. I personally do not communicate intimidate details of my heart via fb status', but who am I to judge the ones that do? I sometimes wonder if some people have lost their phones, because it appears that a few people have their intimate conversations typed out through status changes. My nosy side enjoys it for sure, but I also feel tired after reading some of the drama. It's amazing what people will spill to the world!!! I have a few examples of what I'm talking about, but they are not REAL examples. People who have these types of things on their fb page are probably in denial and have no idea i'm talking about them, so I won't make anyone aware. That would be just plain rude. We all live in our own little world with our own views of the universe that helps us sleep at night. It's always the other person, right? I may even be the pot calling the kettle black right now, but ignorance is bliss, my friend!!! Anyway…back to the shocking status' I'm speaking of.

First we have your classic status from a boy who has just been cheated on by his lover and the only way to communicate is through a fb status. It's all he can do to the find the right words…he shakes as he types:
"I love you deeply and my heart is bleeding over our love lost. It was my fault we kept fighting about your mom who stalks me, but I was wrong. I forgive you for cheating last Thursday at 6:17 pm. I need you. I am crying on my pillow. My pillow is very, very damp tonight."

Next we have the daughter who has just been in a huge fight with her mom. The mother has told her that she needs to stop laying around all day and get a job. The girl does the first thing that comes to mind and gets her fb status ready!:
"My mother is a crazed lunatic!!!! Tell all your friends! PLEASE! She wants me to get a job, can you BELIEVE that?! Comment and tell me how i'm completely in the right."

Another status that is always quite entertaining to me are the ones from the over the top relationships that are glad to share every intimate detail of their love life:
"Today me and my lifelong love kissed and realized our lives are perfect. We talked about how we were going to spend forever together and he even gave me twelve roses for the twelve reasons why I'm the perfect girl. Baby, I love you. I'm the luckiest girl in the world!!! And it's even more true because I just put it on this fb status."

Then you have the status that makes you worry about the cell phones that have clearly been destroyed in a terrible accident, because fb status is the only way to communicate at this time:
"You should think twice before you say something like that to me. I am so hurt by you!"
"You are the reason I smile when I wake up in the morning. What you said to me last night made my heart smile."
"You need to realize how you make me feel….i am always here, waiting for you to come around."
"You were my best friend but now you stole my boyfriend for the last time!"
(First of all...who is "you"…if you are making it that public anyway, don't leave me hanging! And second of all…call "You" and talk to them yourself!!!! It's easier that way!)


Honestly, I change my fb status like three times a day, so I could make a whole blog making fun of my own self. Just sayin. That is all for now.

2 comments:

  1. omg this is hilarious and so true!!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love this, Abby! and I completely agree about the "You" thing. I am too curious for my own good and for the good of the people who post those types of statuses!! haha :)

    ReplyDelete