Friday, January 8, 2010

*Twas the Night Before the Wedding*

The only way to explain how I'm feeling right now is surreal. My sister is getting married tomorrow!!! MARRIED!!!! TYING THAT KNOT!!!!! And never living in this house again! It hit me all at once when we were rehearsing for the wedding and Molly and dad came down the aisle to "Here Comes the Bride". I mean, this is it. No turning back. Things are going to change.

I talked at the rehearsal dinner tonight about our old days of pretending that our bedposts were our boyfriends and all the dreams we used to have. The days when we'd imagine in our minds who that special man would one day be. Molly is getting to see that in the flesh and watch those dreams come to pass. Although I think Weddings are much more stressful in real life than they are in our dreams. A lot more goes into it and stress has been our buddy lately. Well, I say "our", but I really mean theirs. I have not been stressed at all!!! I've just gotten a lot of fun and attention and haven't really done anything. Being the MOH is so much fun and stress free. At least for me anyway. But even though it is a stressful time, I know that she is completely in love and so happy to find that perfect man for her. They really were made for each other and God is going to bring glory to His kingdom through their marriage! I am excited to see what he has in store!!!!! Molly has gotten something much better than her bedpost…she's gotten a real live boy who follows the Lord and loves her so much! I am so excited for her!!!!!!

Me and my bedpost…we are still tight. That's about the closest thing I'll have to a boyfriend for quite sometime. But that's okay, because the Lord will show Himself faithful in my life along with Molly's. His plans are so wonderful and His timing is perfect! I feel nothing but joy for what's going to happen tomorrow!!!!! It's going to be fun!!!!!

I really hope that my hair looks good tomorrow!!! And that I don't look like a train hit me because I'm only getting like five hours of sleep! You know what's funny to me??? Girls can look so glamorous and gorgeous one second and then the next we get out of the shower with make-up running down our face and hair in a huge bun looking a crazed fool! And to get looking beautiful we all have these big curlers in our hair!!!! Not the best look. And then at the end of the day we look like a train wreck because of the make-up we use when the shower water hits it. Raccoon eyes or zombie freak show is what I see in the mirror!!! I almost screamed tonight since I used more make-up than usual. It was like creep girl walkin!!!!! ACK!!!!! GOODNIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment