Friday, January 15, 2010

*Three's a Crowd*

There are times in a girl's single life that she is more aware of her singleness than others.You know, those moments when a girl becomes the third party, the one who makes what was a loving moment into an unwanted crowd. Well,tonight was one of those nights for me. Let me explain....

Me and Kate decided to try out the new Sushi Cafe that everyone has been raving about. We figured out why everyone is raving later from the awesome food, but also from the enormous crowd that was waiting for a seat. This place is extremely small with a ton of people crowded around the door from lack of space. The line of waiting people is really a bother to those trying to enjoy their food. I'm sure the people that got their plates sniffed while I screamed "YUM" were deeply dissatisfied with their environment. So I decided to try to move out of the way and squeeze into the middle of the restaurant as that romantic song "Baby, I'm amazed by you" came onto the loud speaker.

At that moment I looked over at Kate and she was being stared at longingly by half the men in the place. "OH, WOW!" I said out loud because of how shocked I was at the blatant eyeing of my best friend. Of course, there were no boys looking my way seeing as my hair was so frizzy I think it was touching both walls of the restaurant. I was still completely in the way, so I scooted and scooted until I ran strait into the bubble of a loving couple on a romantic date. They were in love, true love, and this date was going to prove it. "Baby, I'm amazed by you" was on the loud speaker and everything was perfect...except for one thing. As they stared into each others eyes they began to feel someone staring at them. That person was me. I was literally shoulder to shoulder with these two because of how small the wait area was. I looked awkwardly back and forth at both and said "Go on! Don't mind me!". At that point I would have started to whistle to make it a more natural moment, but I don't know how, so I was out of luck. They moved on with their moment and hugged each other close, then backed away with hands intertwined.That's when it happened. He began to tell her that he wished he could wear her clothes so he could look half as pretty as she does. SCREEEECH!!!! What did he just say?!?!

"Excuse me, Sir, but I couldn't help but overhear your conversation" I said in an amused tone. "Wear her clothes, huh?". Their romantic moment was busted. BUS-TED. I had totally ruined it. I'm sure they couldn't agree more with the saying "Three's a Crowd". I realized what I had done and quickly tried to salvage the situation... "I mean!!! That is romantic! You think she is so beautiful in her clothes and you want to be beautiful, too! AW! How wonderful!!!" Thankfully the waiter called for me and Kate to come sit!!! Talk about saving my sanity.I could have kissed that waiter for getting me out of that moment if I wasn't an upstanding girl with values and purity on the brain. I'm sure the couple felt the exact same way.

Next we sat down and the sushi maker looked at me while snickering to his friends and said "Hola Chica Bonita, Que Pasa?". He didn't expect me to know what he said, but too bad for him, he didn't realize that I am a super smart girl in Spanish II!!! "Guess what!!! I am in Spanish II and I totally know what you just said!Hey pretty girl, what's happening?! Snicker no more!" His friends started laughing at him and he got embarrassed, but I didn't mean for that to happen, I was just happy Spanish was coming in handy. And also happy that a random sushi maker might call me bonita on a night like tonight! Why was a sushi maker speaking spanish anyway?! That was actually what was going through my head at that point. And as creepy as it is for a randar man to stare and speak to me in spanish, I think the Lord knew I needed to be called bonita after the third wheel incident/watching my fit friend get all the stares. I can always count on the Spanish speaking men for a good pick me up. Gracias, chicos. That is all. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment