Saturday, January 23, 2010

*Bunkmates and Trampoline Weddings*

One of the things that I have been wondering about lately is how the lakehouse sleeping situation is going to go down now that Molly and Logan are married. I was riding in the car with my dad from Conway last night and I jokingly said: "Dad, can I please share a room with Molly and Logan?!" and to my great surprise he said I could! Apparently when the preacher says "You are now pronounced husband and wife" it really is a miracle! Even I get immediate sister status. Bunkmate legal!

Now...I know what you are thinking...why would she want to sleep in the same room as a married couple? But I'm here to tell you that I really want to, because it's sure to bring a lot of laughs. I can imagine it now....Molly and Logan cuddled up lovingly on the bottom queen bunk when suddenly BAM! Abby's head appears upside down from the top bunk with awkward faces for all. What is more romantic than Abby Jane being in the middle of the moment?! NOTHING. NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!

I called Molly from the car and let her and Logan in on the surprise that I get to be their bunkmate in the summers! Logan is so sweet and said he was honored that I would be willing, but he has no idea what kind room mate I really am. I already have a rule list ready:
Rule #1 No "funny business".
Rule #2 Abby has to be included in all private conversations.
Rule #3 I must be tucked in and read to.
Rule#4 I like bean burritos while at the lakehouse, so deal.
#5 If I scream and snore in the night, do not wake me up.
#6 Thank the Lord before you go to sleep for your wonderful sister, Abby!

When Molly heard that I was going to be their bunkmate, she laughed and then said: "Why can't we just take the queen pull out bed in the sun room?!" and I responded with: "Sure! WE can definitely sleep in there! Y'all can choose!!!" hahahaha Wow, I love being the third wheel so much sometimes. It's hilarious.

Now onto the trampoline part of this post....I was talking with Katelind today about how I'd prefer a cheap wedding so I could keep a lot of the money and we jokingly came up with the idea of getting married on our floating trampoline. Dad would drive me out on the sea doo and I would belly flop onto the trampoline once I got there! I told Pug this and he thought I was serious and was thinking through it logically. How would I not fall in? How could we make a ramp so the sea doo makes a huge splash when it enters the water? haha Then he said we could canoe our way out, but how super awkward would that be to canoe so slow that everyone watches the departure for like an hour?! Zach said he could be doing flips on the trampoline during the sermon. How sweet. That would definitely be a day to remember. And a little redneck.

No comments:

Post a Comment