Monday, January 25, 2010

*Reality Check!*

My brain is always doing something. It never stops thinking or coming up with things no matter how hard I try. It's just the way I work. I am constantly making up stories and day dreaming in my head about the things around me. When I was little I used to pretend that my classroom was a stage and people were watching me at my desk. Whenever I'd answer a question it was a line in the play, and I'd prepare what I was going to say about five minutes in advance. Then I would tell myself that I had a scene coming up where I went and got a tissue, so I'd pretend it was all part of a production when I got up. Sometimes I'd even smile to the wall where the imaginary crowd was supposed to be. Then when I wasn't acting out a play, I would take my markers and make kick lines and dance teams out of them. I also had a reoccurring daydream that my desk floated out the window and I got to go home. This is just a little insight into that chubby,toothless, bow wearing student I once was.

Now, I may not make my markers into kick lines or imagine people watching me on the stage anymore, but my brain is still dreaming all the time. When people say they are "bored" I have no idea what they mean. I could sit in my room alone all day and be just fine. I have never gotten bored in my life!!! When I have nothing to do, I begin to make up stories in my head and it's almost like watching a movie. And the weirdest part is, I never know how it's going to happen. I just get these stories in my head and watch. Sometimes when I'm not day dreaming of stories I go through a scene that has happened in my life. Sometimes they are the way they were, and sometimes I make them the way I wish they'd been. And other times I imagine what might happen in the future and all the things I wish could be. When I'm thinking of these things there are times that I will end up doing or saying things that are part of the story without knowing it. Like..when it's my turn to talk or do something, I might end up doing it in real life on accident. Unfortunately this happened in a public restroom today when I didn't even realize it. I'll explain.

I was beginning to wash my hands on the 3rd floor of the education building when I began to think about all the goofball teachers I've had in my life. I started to think about the kind of teacher that I am going to be and how I want to be that teacher that isn't afraid to start dancing out of nowhere or makes the kids laugh with random comments. I want to be a teacher that makes the kids want to come and feel comfortable around me. Then I started to remember back to a teach I had last semester with Elementary PE. I was thinking of things to get their heart rate up so we could measure heart rates after different activities when it just struck me...I'm gonna get them to dance! So I said "Dance, Kids, DANCE!" and then I started to dance like a crazy person..the kids faces were priceless, so surprised. They were really shy and didn't seem to want to dance so I walked through the line of kids and got them to dance with me! Finally I got them all moving and the smiles on their faces were addicting. I felt like laughing. My mind was happily immersed in that fun memory that I almost forgot where I was. I got so caught up in the thought that I started dancing in real life. I looked at myself in the mirror and started shaking around and smiling at myself. That's when I heard my education friend laughing and I realized that she had been watching me for like 5 seconds! AHHH!!!! Reality check,anyone?!!!!! Brought me back from my dreams to the current moment pretty quick!!!!

I gotta watch where I have fun memories come into my head...I figured everybody thought like I did. But the people that I've talked to today do not. It's too bad. Life is so much fun when your brain keeps you entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment