Monday, January 4, 2010

*That's a Sidewalk Dressed as a Road!!!!*

A few people have suggested that I write a post on my horror trip back from Nebraska yesterday, but it is too new to write. There hasn't been enough time that I'm laughing about it, so just wait a few days and we'll see if I get some inspiration.

Speaking of inspiration...after seeing my extremely thin cousins in their bridesmaids dresses, I have had a bout of panic and decided to exercise today. A few posts back I was talking about how I was going to exercise and eat better over the break before the wedding, but that didn't work out as planned. The plan was basically like a plane flying happily in the air only to crash and burn into the ground the next day. If the wagon is the diet I have fallen off and been run over a few times. But today I actually did do some exercising and it was quite enjoyable if I do say so myself. I have never used an ipod before when jogging..okay walking...and it really made it a lot better!!! And the cute boys on the big fam bridge were easy to run after and they even helped get my heart rate up. It's a great way to exercise. I realized that dropping a few dollars is a really good way to strike up a convo with a boy running by. Just for anyone who wants to talk to someone and doesn't know how. Not that I'm a love doctor or anything..hardly!!! But that does really work. I have a few dollars in my pocket ready to drop on the ground any time there is a need. If the guy doesn't pick it up, then he's not worth talking to anyway! Drop a few bucks and they run after you very fast. Especially the ones that are exercising. They want more reasons to run, I think.

So I exercised on the bridge for a while, then it was time to get back to the house to celebrate Logan's birthday. Since I've been on vacation I hadn't driven for a while and was kind of rusty behind the wheel. "I feel kinda funny like I've forgotten how to drive!" I told Kate on the way there. It was the strangest feeling. I missed a few turns on our way and then on our way back I completely missed the exit for the highway. Luckily I saw this road that turned around and went back onto the highway. So I confidently took a left and started driving down this extremely convenient entry road when all the sudden Katelind screamed "ABBY! THIS IS A SIDEWALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" "NO, it isn't Katelind!!! It's an entry road!" But then once I looked a little bit closer, it WAS sort of small to be a street. Hmmm…All these cars getting on the highway were rushing past, why was this sidewalk so close to the highway?!?! That is a smart question to be asked! What were these people thinking when they paved this road here?!!! I mean…seriously?!?! It was a sidewalk dressed as a road! Could've happened to anyone! Even Einstein would've probably taken this sidewalk thinking it was an entry to the highway! I need to call authorities about this one. It's just wrong to lead the good people of America on by dressing some sidewalk up as a road by painting it black. Katelind said it was like a bike route sidewalk or something. Bike route my behind!!! That stuff is confusing.

Gotta go….I'm exercising early in the morning….I can't believe it. Let's hope the wagon doesn't run me over this time. I DID exercise today!!! Let that be put on the record. And I realize now that I have spelled exercise wrong my entire life thanks to spell check. I've never had a reason to type it before.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Abby!

    It's your cousin-in-law Ashley Fisher! I just really joined the blogging world and found your blog and love it! You are such a godly woman and you are hilarious! Keep writing and have a great weekend at the wedding! We wish we could be there so bad!!

    love ya!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete