Friday, January 29, 2010

*Physical Science Blues*

Because of the fact that I lose ten points if I ever miss an education class, I have become really great at making it to every class. That is until Physical Science has come into the picture. When I skip a class I really can't enjoy myself because I get this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach and my throat feels like it's closing in on me. I feel like the world will end if I miss that class and i'll surely fail for that one day gone. But today I am at my wits end, and I am thinking about skipping a class for sanity purposes. My mind has been going back and forth on whether I should brave the elements for my 1 o' clock science class, and here are my pros and cons for skipping…

Pros:
1.) I will not have to face my teacher with empty hands which is always a terrifying experience. My homework was too overwhelming and hard that I didn't do it. I gave it a few goes and it was an ultimate fail every time.
2.) I will get to go to sleep in my warm bed and wake up with a new zeal for life. It is freezing cold outside and everyone else in Arkansas has a snow day.
3.) I may miss my teacher speaking, but it's not like I understand a word he says anyway. My brain clocks out about five minutes into it no matter what I do. Basically, I go to class and take up oxygen.
4.) This heated mattress pad is the only place I want to be right now, and I already braved the elements enough today.
5.) Life is short, and it's only one class, so why would I put myself through torture when I can be in this warm bed??? What good will come of it? I can't see any good at all. I won't learn anything and I won't have homework to turn in so the teacher will thing I'm a bum. Please give me one reason that outweighs the pros and I will go!

Cons:
1.) The teacher will think I'm a horrible student for skipping class, but he will think I'm horrible for not having homework as well. At least this way I get to hide out!
2.) I have guilty feeling imagining my seat being empty and everyone being worried about my sudden illness that I do not have. But again..I'll feel guilty if I go, so I can't escape that either.


So obviously the logical thing to do is skip class, right? That's it..I've decided. I'm going to skip my Physical Science class for a personal sanity day especially since the weather is this horrendous. I do not by any means condone skipping class, and I am a much happier person if I go. That is if there isn't an impossible homework three pages long of math problems to turn in. That's when it gets overwhelming and I understand if you head for the hills. If you need me, I'll be hiding in my dorm.

1 comment:

  1. so proud! Physical Science is a pain...no matter where you take it.

    ReplyDelete