Saturday, September 5, 2009

*Outgrowing College*

I have a feeling this year at College that I have never really had before. It wasn't until yesterday that I realized exactly what it was....I, Abby, am outgrowing College!!! I look around and everyone seems so young, and I'm not as excited about staying up late or doing all the College things. I see a lot of unnecessary drama, because people are insecure I guess. We all are thrown into this situation without the comfort of our families, so people (including me) tend to be selfish. But it's hard not to be, since you are basically having to look out for yourself! Nobody is looking out for you, that's for sure! I feel like this should be my last year. I feel like I should be starting my internship next fall. And I should be, but thanks to transferring I have two more years. I feel like I have this long, drawn out road that I'm too old for! I feel like I can relate to the people already in the classrooms so much more! Like last night I was talking to a girl who is the new highschool Lit teacher at PA, and I could relate to her more than all the drama at school. EVERYONE seems to be talking bad about each other. It's like...when I'm at home I have NO problem not saying something bad about others. Then when I get to school, it's like word vomit. I prayed this morning that the Lord would put a muzzle over my mouth, because it makes me sick to do those things. I don't like talking bad about people!!! I hate it!!!! And I definitely don't want to reap what sow. It feels so good to do the right thing, and that's what I want to do. MUZZLE. I need a muzzle. And so do lots of people at school. Let's order muzzles for all! I get the word 'muzzle' from the verse: "I will watch my ways and keep my tongue from sin; I will put a muzzle on my mouth as long as the wicked are in my presence."- Psalm 39:1-3

I think that Satan is always attacking OBU, because of it's Christian values. I feel so much spiritual war going on, it's insane!!!! And I think that one way He is trying to bring the school down is getting everyone to bad mouth each other. I also think Satan is trying to attack OBU by making everyone feel like they are the perfect Christians, when they are not! If I ever come off as a know-it-all Christian..a holier than thou..PLEASE,SLAP ME!!!! I will NEVER be perfect! I will ALWAYS FALL!!!! Yet, my Lord allows me to hear Him, and bestows some wisdom on me in His grace. I think Satan attacks some people by making them feel like being a "Professional Christian" is what it's about. I know that has happened to me before!!!! I am not acting like I am free from it! I am just as vulnerable! I've seen myself fooled, and that's why I get so frustrated as I look around and see people screaming the name of Christ, yet not living the way Christ would want them to. They may be the ones on the front row with their hands raised high in church, and they may even walk around with a bible in hand. Most of the time they are ministry majors, which was an eye opening thing to realize!They have all the "answers" but does their life show any fruit???
The Lord says:"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. 21Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' "-Matthew 7:15-23

I think these wolves are ALL around campus...and you know the sad part? Satan has them SO fooled...they have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment