Saturday, August 29, 2009

*Oh, this fallen world...*

This world is full of wonderful blessings as you can see from the post below...but it's also extremely twisted and broken, because of the fall. I have learned to enjoy my blessings as they come, but to keep my grip very loose on them. When our grip becomes too tight around our blessings, that's when we have a problem. And most blessings don't stay forever, but the Lord brings the right ones at the right time! And sometimes we get so angry at God for taking away blessings that He gave! What is that?! They are His to give and take away. And we DID make this a fallen world, not Him. The anger comes from a mind that has the wrong idea about who God is. He knows SOO much better than we do! I can trust Him, so I don't have to have my grip too firm on my blessings. I can trust that the right things will come into my life at the right time. And sometimes they will be taken away at just the right time, for reasons I don't understand. But what I DO understand, is that the Lord is much higher than I, who am I to judge what He sees as best?He will give me all I need from day to day, if I keep the Kingdom of Heaven my primary concern. And last night, I got my brain knocked into making the Kingdom my primary concern. A lot of the time since I have gotten here, I have focused on all the fun I have been having, and the new wonderful people around me! And that is all fine and good...as long as I keep my head in the game concerning eternity. I can't be too busy, or be having too much fun that I forget what is truly important! And I can't let the wonderful times make me forget that this is a fallen world. My struggles will never be over until the day I die. But, I am very glad that the Lord is gracious and allows me to have such fun things in life to make the ride worthwhile. He is SO good to all of us!!!!

The reason I started thinking about all this, is for two reasons. First of all, I had a night FULL of terrible nightmares!!! I also had a bad dream yesterday during my nap as well. Could this mean that I haven't been fighting the spiritual battle like I need to? I mean, these dreams have been SCARY!!!! Like...stuck in the ocean with sharks all around me, and a ship about to run me over! And to make it even worse, it was at night! And then there was a tornado when I got home, and my house flooded, and all my clothes were lost!!!! It was BAD! I woke up scared as it was, and then I read the email about a freshman here at school dying in a car accident last night. I mean that is always a sobering experience. I am really, really sad for that family, and those girls on her hall. The grief that will be brought about from it is overwhelming. My heart physically hurts for all that will be affected. I hate this fallen world. I can't wait until Heaven. So many tears and grief are a part of being human. When I see such terrible things happen, I need to rely on my trust in the Lord even more. God is NOT bad. He is everything good. That is something I have learned this summer, that will shape the way I live for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment