Saturday, March 6, 2010

*Lemonade Stands and Homeschool!*

I was driving around town today and I drove by the most incredible site!!!! Two little girls by the side of the road with a colorful sign that read: "Lemonade Stand"!!!!! I drove too fast to turn in, so I quickly found a way to turn around and go back. Even though I was late to where I was going, it didn't matter, one should ALWAYS stop at a lemonade stand.

When I was little we used to have doughnut stands and lemonade stands all the time. We never got much business, but when we did it made our day!!!! I just think it's so wrong for adults to pass up these adorable stands. These kids really do love it when people stop by. It gives them such a satisfaction and a day to remember. Next time you see a lemonade stand, STOP AT IT!!!!!! It will make their day, and it's so important to encourage all kids, even when it comes to selling 25 cent lemonade. Let's stop being a world full of wet blankets and take some time to buy some cheap lemonade already!!!!!!!!!!!

The girls were precious and had bows in their hair and summer dresses on. The sky was blue and the weather was PERFECT!!!! It felt just like a summers day. The two girls were identical twins and told me that they were homeschooled. It was really a flashback to my childhood!!! I told the girls that my twin was married and moved away and that was just beyond them! They couldn't imagine that ever happening. I couldn't imagine it either, but here it is happening.

Seeing those sweet homeschool girls with big smiles gave me such a longing for the day when I have kids that will have their own lemonade stand. I really want to homeschool my kids one day and take them on all sorts of fun adventures. I want to make tshirts for their dad that have their handprints on it, just like we used to do for mine. We also made him shirts with pictures we drew, and he would proudly wear them around. The pictures were horrible and I'd draw a head with arms and legs coming out of it's ears…but that didn't stop him. I want to be there for my kids and experience their lives and raise them in such a way that they will be mighty warriors for Christ!!!!! All of the kids in our family have really chosen to follow the Lord, and I honestly believe that our days in homeschool helped mold us into the adults we are today. Those memories with my siblings being at home those few years will always be something that bonds us. I want that for my kids as well. I really hope that the Lord allows for that one day!!!!! I just have to trust Him with whatever happens, but that's my dream. Maybe even Molly will live here and we can homeschool our kids together. It's such a happy thought to think of. She would share the passion of pouring Jesus into the kids like I do. That's so important. But I feel like I can only dream so much, because my life never has turned out like I think it will. I just have to trust that Jesus has a plan that is best, and if that includes homeschooling some babies, then it'll happen. If it doesn't…I'll just trust Him through that!

The lake started filling up today!!!!! Mom and dad laid in the sun as they watched the lake rise!!! HOW EXCITING!!!!!! After a terrifying tornado season….summer will be near!!!!!! I can feel it!!!! And the hope of spring and summer is enough to make me jump for joy! I've almost made it through another winter…..it always ends! And good times always come back! :)

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way Abby.

    Chris and I had talked about homeschooling. And having kids in a couple of years.

    I'm doing a lot better (probably thanks to you praying for me) but when I see babies and kids at work or on TV or reading this post ... I feel like something was stolen from me.

    So I definitely understand your longing for kids and a daddy (for the kids).

    ReplyDelete