Tuesday, March 9, 2010

*Face of Burger Barn*

I'm laying in a heavily cushioned sunchair on the balcony of my dorm and absolutely loving this weather! "It's sunny with a high of 75 when you took my heavy heart and made it light"…That's me quoting a song that I really like, but it really is 75 degrees right now, I just checked my phone. Weather like this makes me feel really hopeful. I am liking this moment I am in right now very much.

The other day I woke up with a massive craving for honey mustard grilled chicken. The craving followed me around like a lingering toot for so long that I had to go to Burger Barn by myself to get the craving satisfied. Mostly because ATT&T directory assistance didn't have Burger Barn listed and therefore to go orders are impossible. Why they would forget about the barn in the directory is beyond me!

I was greeted by the owner of Burger Barn himself and he looked at me like I was crazy for coming alone. He must not understand these cravings of mine. Because until they are satisfied the thought of whatever I'm craving consumes my life. He commented on how great my smile was about three times before we finally made it to the table. At the time, I thought nothing of it, but later the subject would surface again.

As I waited at the table I was excited to find out that the people in the room were having really loud conversations. This appeals to me because eavesdropping is one of my favorite things to do. To spice things up a woman suddenly smacked strait into a door and everyone was solemn except for me and an old man who were laughing. Me and the old man began to talk and were kindred spirits I believe. After that another table started talking about this commercial idea that they were going to go over with the owner to get sells up at the five star Burger Barn.

Soon the owner came in and they began their conversation about how the commercial would go. Someone was going to sing and another person they knew was going to write the lyrics. I chimed in from across the room "I can dance in the background if you would like! I'm basically a professional." And Mr. Burger was like: "WOA!!! Look at that smile! Your smile is a money maker! You need to work here and be in the commercial FOR SURE! Somebody get this smiley girl an application right now!!!"

Woa woa woa…not so fast!!! The commercial part sounded incredible, but going back to the slums of food service is not on my to do list. I've been down that harsh road before, and I never intend to go back!!! I paid my dues at Tropical Smoothie, Stobys, and Dairy Queen all of which bring me nightmares to this day!!!! Did you know people sometimes poop in public restrooms on the FLOOR?!?! Guess who is told to clean it up?! Although I never did, I'd get some boy to do it. All I'm saying is…no no no. But yes yes yes to being in a commercial!

He asked me what I was doing this summer and where I was working and I explained that I was a summer school teacher at a school back home. He told me I should come back in the fall, and I hid my horror so I wouldn't offend. There is a tiny stench that the Buger Barn has that is only bearable for about an hour. That alone would keep me from the job. But it was very nice that he wanted me to work there, and I truly want to be the face of Burger Barn. If my smile is a money maker, then let's make some money, Mr. Barn!!!! I've always felt I should be famous for something. But maybe that's not exactly what I should be famous for. I guess I'll keep searching because there's no way I will waitress ever again.

I have to go because I have another meeting to attend. I'm sad this lovely moment outside is over, but hopefully it won't be the last. I want to feel like a summer babe, but my bare feet remind me that I need a pedicure something fierce. It's time to de-winterize and get the toes painted on a regular basis. Bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. Haha!!! Do you think you came in on a meeting that the restaurant owners were having, not open to the public?!!

    ReplyDelete