Friday, March 19, 2010

Can someone please give Hedige a handcheck?!?!

Today I got to meet Jan Brett which was really fun and exciting!!! I am so in teacher mode, because I get excited about meeting people like her. I think about all the things I can do with her books in a lesson plan, and it's really neat to meet someone that helps so many classrooms! It was worth waiting around for four hours, because she had so many interesting things to say. She even drew a picture right in front of us while sharing her inside thoughts about why and how she writes these books.Everything was wonderful about the night except for one thing….Hedgie the Hedgehog was NOT on his best behavior!

Everyone began to applaud as the hedgehog came out and wandered through the audience with fame status. I couldn't wait to take my picture with this beloved hedgehog from some of Jan Brett's books. Me and my friend Natalie waited in line until it was our turn and excitedly took our positions beside him with a big smile. All was going well until I felt something a little suspicious on my booty cheeks….to my shock and horror, IT WAS HEDGIE'S HAND!!!!!!!

My eyes got a little bigger and I started to run off, but Natalie's mom directed me to go back because the picture hadn't been taken yet. Oh, my my my……not another round, please!!!! The second time I leaned my head in and put my rear end out to the side away from those creepy claws that were trying to get a feel. Not in this lifetime, you little hedge!!!!!! Those cheeks are strictly for my future husband only!!!!! No crazed hedgehog is going to get to touch anything that belongs to my man!!! NO SIR, YOU LITTLE CREEPER!!!! You are the sole reason the word "creeper" exists!

The worst part is when I heard a convo from behind a book case about an hour later. I heard the words "Thanks for being the hedgehog today." and quickly ran around the bookcase to get a look at Mr. happy hands. You will never believe what this man looked like!!!! Greasy hair,scruffy face,ratty clothes…..full out scary stalker attire.

Needless to say I am not as in love with Hedgie as I used to be. This scary man with employment as a hedgehog has ruined my opinion of the fella. It's too bad. Hedgie is wonderful. Maybe one day I'll get over the shock of what happened today. All I know is the next time I'm getting a picture with a dressed up character I'm going to enforce a HANDCHECK!

What's this world coming to?

No comments:

Post a Comment