Wednesday, March 17, 2010

*Just some thoughts*

I'm waiting for my physical science tutor to call me so I can do my homework for Friday, and I'm kinda glad for these few minutes of a break. Mostly because it's given me much needed time to spend with the Lord and now I'm watching "Luck of the Irish" on Disney which is like childhood memory central!!!!! Kyle losing his luck coin and becoming a lepracaun is good tv for sure. I love red hair and I love the Irish!!!!! And I love when Disney wips out random movies from the past! I really think the actor is great because if I had to do a serious scene about how I'm so sad I'm becoming a lepracaun, I probably couldn't keep a strait face.

I realized today that I have nothing that I love to wear that's green. I definitely got pinched, but luckily someone in my class had a roll of shamrocks on hand which saved the day. If I showed up to a kindergarten class on St. Patrick's Day without any green on I'm sure it would have been a hay day. But I wore a jingle bell green necklace and shamrocks, so it was all good. I love being festive, I really wish I would have had blinking earings like my friend did. Oh well. Maybe next year.

I had a really encouraging comment said to me today that left me feeling so good! Don't you just love those confidence boosters out of nowhere?! It came from my friend Casie in the computer lab earlier this afternoon. Ashley had gotten her engagement photos back so we were making comments on them and thinking about marriage. I started talking about how maybe I should elope because Molly kinda had my dream wedding, and it would be weird for us both to have the same one. Then someone said "Whose getting married?!" and I said "ME! Only…not now." Then Courtney started laughing and joking about one of the guys I know that winks at me and follows me around. And I was like "Ya, if I EVER get married….I have certain boys I would never date that come knocking plenty, then I have guys that I would totally date, but they don't like me!" and sweet Casie gave the best answer ever…she said: "Well you are the creme in the Oreo aren't you, Abby!" And I was like what??? And she said "The sweetest part of that situation!!!!" haha! Love her!

Today is a good day!!!!! Lady luck smiled on me on this Patty's day for sure!!! I have gotten encouragement which is always great because I try to be encouraging and say great things to people all the time, but I don't always feel like I get the same in return! Which is fine! Telling people good things I think about them gives me joy and I'm glad to do it!!!!!! But anyone who wants to text me how great I am can totally do that at any time. :) Just kidding! Well…kinda kidding, anyway. If you're willing for it not to be taken as a joke, then text away. But really….having my sister married and my best friend seriously dating an attractive, Godly doctor who we have yet to find a major flaw in is kinda hard. Especially when Kate was basically my stand in very platonic mate for a while. We look out for each other. Now she has a dashing man on her arm. But I know God has great things in store for me, even if my life is busyness and empty of many true friendships right now! The people who are going to matter the most to me I don't even know yet, so I'm not worried about it. I don't want to waste my attachment on people who aren't going to be there forever. Because when I love, I love hard! Like gonna have to saw me off your leg to cause me to be unfaithful, and then I'd probably still just love the leg I'm holding. I mean, when I truly am in love that person could do anything, ANYTHING and I'd still love them. Even like shave my head bald and run me over with a roller blade and I'd just say "do it again! you are so cute when you do that!" kinda love. I'd run fifty miles for that person and go camping for a week strait just because they want me to. That's probably why my mom prays I won't fall in love with the wrong person, because she knows as well as I do when I'm gone, I'm gone and I give my entire heart. Like actually considering living in a mud hut because I love enough to do it. That's what I do, so I can't love many people. Not everyone wants an Abby attached to their leg believe it or not. My heart only holds so many people,anyway, and I want to save it for my future husband and kids!!!!! I got a lot of love and loyalty, but very few people ever get a part of that.

Anyway, I gotta go to sleep!!!! I teach fifth grade and go to Physical Science lab tomorrow, then I LEAVE for Spring Break!!!!! YES!!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment