Tuesday, August 18, 2009

*SO EMBARRASING!!!!!*

Today I had one of the most embarrassing moments of my entire life. I have come to the conclusion that the feeling of embarrassment is my least favorite feeling of all. I would rather feel extremely sad, then have to go through that feeling ever again. It is a terrible, terrible experience!

So, my face is extremely large and puffy due to getting my wisdom teeth out, and that already makes it hard to go out in public. I can't smile or talk very well, and I look like a marsh mellow. But i needed to get some errands done for school, and one very important errand was to get my toes done. No sickness will keep my from getting my toes shiny and pink. That is something I just cannot think about missing!!!! So I ventured out into the public eye to get my pedicure, not knowing what horrors were headed my way. The pedicure was great as always, and it seemed like the afternoon was going to go pretty well. After the pedicure, we decided to stop at heavenly ham to get some food before my doctor's appointment. I am having a really hard time chewing, and it's embarrassing enough just trying to eat. So we sat down and ordered our food, and I tried as best I could to get food down my throat. Next thing I know, a cute guy about 25 or so comes and sits at the table beside us. These tables are SO close, so he could hear everything that we were saying. I was horrified, because we made eye contact, which meant he had seen my swollen face. I was having the worst time trying to eat in a dignified manner, when all the sudden my mom SCREAMS: "HEY! You got a boogie in your nose!!!" Let me first say, I did NOT have a booger in my nose! It was a piece of bread gone astray on my cheek! Which happens all the time since I can't feel my mouth at all! When my mom screamed that I had a booger in my nose the man turned away really quickly and turned red. He was totally embarrassed for me! It was the worst moment of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was MORTIFIED!!!!!! Mom then asked if I wanted to sit there for a minute and I was like "No! Give me the keys!!!" Mom had NO IDEA about the awkward moment, and she thought I should have been more thankful for her "boogie" comment. I mean...seriously, mom! really?!?!!?!?!?!?! I am having a hard time even writing about it, because that raw feeling of utter mortification is still fresh on my mind. I hope none of you ever have to experience such a traumatizing situation in your days on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment