Thursday, August 20, 2009

*Can't Sleep!*

I am the type of person that needs A LOT of sleep. I try to get around nine hours a night, and getting even more than that makes me a happy girl. If I get eight or less, I get nervous about the next day. I do not function well without a lot of sleep like many college students these days. And if I do happen to only get seven hours at night, I end up taking a three hour nap the next day. So, there's a little backdrop on my sleep life so you can understand how odd this night has been....

I was not tired at all last night, but finally forced myself to go to bed at 1am. Then when 4:30 am rolled around, I woke up screaming from a dream I was having. My sister came in to see what was wrong which scared me even more. My whole body was literally SHAKING! It took everything in me to calm myself down, and make my hands stop moving. I could hear my heartbeat inside of me. It was SO freaky! I didn't like it at all!!! I realized what time it was and got really nervous, because I'm supposed to go to a doctor's appointment at 9:30 am. I knew that there was no way I would get an adequate amount of sleep, so I tried so hard to fall asleep really fast. That's a little inside view of my thought life. Calculating the amount of sleep I am getting is a normal aspect of my night. No matter how hard I tried to fall asleep last night, I just couldn't! My mouth was really hurting me, and my jaw not working caused me some panic, especially when I had nothing but time to lay there and think about it. I seriously can't open it. It's not that the pain is too deep to open it, it just WILL NOT OPEN! I really hope the doctor can figure out what the deal is. I want to feel myself again! It makes me thankful for the times that I don't have any health problems. They are such a hassle.

The good news about this odd night is that I did have a GREAT time with the Lord around 5:30! I never thought that I could get spiritual insight at such an early hour, because I do not function before the sun. Never have, and I can't see myself doing it anytime soon. From about 4:30 to 5:30 I was just laying there trying to fall asleep, but all I really did was think. I was thinking so many thoughts and my brain was just going crazy. Then I started reading "Me, Myself, and Lies" and it is about our thought closet!!! God really spoke to me through that book, and I felt His prescence in such an amazing way! I am happy about that!!!!! Being dead tired all day is going to be worth it. Plus, I wasn't going to get to say good-bye to my brother, but now I can, because I am up as early as he is!

I'm moving back to school today.......AHH!!!!!! (That was a scream of excitment,nervousness, and just plain freaking out!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment