Tuesday, August 25, 2009

*Back to School and Baby Tigers*

I haven't had the chance to blog since I've gotten here, because it has been the busiest/best few days ever! I absolutely LOVE the new freshman class!!!! I would suggest being a WOW leader to anyone, because it really is a blast. It's also a great way to be in a position to help people. This is such a big transition in their lives, and they need someone to kind of be there to help them in that. I remember how I felt when I moved to ATU three years ago! I cried the whole way there out of terror! haha! But I made it through! And oddly enough...I'm starting my second year at OBU tomorrow, which I wasn't expecting at that time. It's funny the turns that life can make. And this turn was incredible. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!! It makes me sad that I didn't just come here first, but I know that God can use good out of the ATU experience. Maybe I just don't see it yet. I definitely got a culture shock or two, and that was good for me, I guess. haha.

The speaker we had on Sunday for our worship service was AMAZING! He talked about how we need friends in our lives who will tell us when they see something in our lives that might turn into something bad. Kind of like a baby tiger that is SO cute, and say a person wants it as a pet. At first it seems adorable, and like a good idea. But over time that thing turns into a huge, flesh eating animal. It will grow up and eat you! It's basically talking about things that come before God. If you are dating someone and they are your world, it may be a baby tiger right now, but it will grow into a huge, flesh eating tiger in the future. He said other things as well, but that's the one that stuck out to me, because I've made that mistake before! I had a baby tiger that I thought would be okay to have, but it ate me in the end! But I am totally happy that the Lord allowed it to eat me!!! What mercy He had on me! He loved me enough to let my plans fail! What a WONDERFUL GOD!!!! I totally understood what he was talking about!!! God needs to come first! Like when he said "To follow me you must hate your brothers, and even your life". He didn't REALLY mean HATE them! He just meant love God above all else! And that is definitely my goal! And so far I am just all around happier since I have pursued that! God is SO good!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment