Tuesday, June 28, 2011

*Quarter Life Crisis*

I am a very "passionate" person you could say and this quarter life crisis of mine has made for the perfect storm. The after graduation freak-out sessions have not been below the radar thanks to the sudden fears that come when you're on the cusp of well….LIFE. A new job, moving out, getting a (very much awaited) nephew, applying for graduate school,friends getting married EVERY weekend….it just all kinda makes your head spin sometimes. It has definitely caused me to be a little more of an emotional basket case than I'd like to be when it comes to well…everything. haha And yes..I am laughing, because I'm that ridiculous. I can only laugh at myself at the end of the day and forgive my shortcomings in such a crazy time. There is hope for me…I just know there is. I also know i'm not the only one feeling this way because everyone in my circumstance is basically going through the same thing! There is much comfort in that.

I apologize to anyone who has had to see the sour side to my crisis. Thank you to all the lovely ladies who are willing to listen to my banters into the wee hours of the morning. Most of my friends have had to listen to me argue back and forth with myself a couple times. Thank you to those who have fed me snacks that ease my spinning head. Thank you to all the friends who constantly make me laugh and know exactly what this crisis feels like! In the words of Noel: "I am just standing out on this branch facing life saying: 'So..I'm here! Uh..now what?!' " hahaha SO TRUE!!!!!!! I need to write a major book on this first year out of college thing. It's like super strange, people! And it's only just begun!

I do believe the Lord is using this time for such great purposes and changing my heart along the way. He always has a way of making me a better person even when I'm a completely out of control! His love covers me and I will be just fine. I will come out of this quarter life crisis better than when I went in it! I am already learning to cook which is a really good and fun thing. Don't worry those of you who aren't quite the susie homemaker like me yet…it's not scary and it's not hard! (I've cooked twice, so I know.)

I overcame my fear of the oven and stove which was a big step for me. Boiling water doesn't send me screaming into the other room and I actually feel empowered when I know how to use a dish washer. I am very glad that I moved out and learned a few things about life because facing it is much less scary than thinking about it! Getting out and actually doing it is not so bad at all. I think I'll survive and even better yet, I think I'll like it. There are definitely good sides to the quarter life crisis…like facing your fears and realizing they won't kill you. And when you least expect it, they might even mold you into who you're meant to be.





1 comment:

  1. hahahaha to all of this craziness. SO glad to share this time in life with you xoxo

    ReplyDelete