Monday, June 6, 2011

*Nut Free Table*

Well, the world is full of nuts and it's nice to know that schools these days have a way of getting away from them. It's a new concept I found out about today called the "Nut Free Table".

I was sitting on the stage watching my students as my friend Matt leaned over and told what I thought was a bad joke:"Hey Abby, guess there's no crazy people allowed there!" I couldn't even fake laugh because I didn't understand what he meant, but then I saw it...something that I will never forget until the day I die. A table with a few little kids sitting at it titled the "Nut Free Table".

That's right...if you are highly allergic to nuts there is now a table with the label on it. No more embarrassing outbreaks! No more ostracizing the kids who think it's okay to bring peanut butter crackers to school! No more hatred of the peanut butter sandwich that has caused such controversy! All our problems are solved!!!

All this tree hugging and nut free stuff is getting a little out of hand if you ask me. But who am I to say? I am just a 23 year old girl that loves paper towels more than trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment