Monday, June 13, 2011

*Moments in Life*

There are moments in life when I hear myself saying something seriously and have to try very hard not to laugh. Keeping it together when I hear the ridiculousness of my conversation is not an easy feat! For instance, here are some of the things I said today:

"No more saying that Justin Beiber wears bikinis, it's offending people!"
"Get that lunchbox off your head, please!"
"Take your foot out of that hole!!!"

Haha...all in a days work. :) On another note, I had an interesting conversation that deserved quite the record scratch today. It was one of those mouths of babes type things I keep talking about. It's funny how they see the world because it's not reality, but they are more than willing to give their two cents on any matter.

Here's how the conversation went:

"What is your son's name?"-7 yr. old
"I don't have a son."-Me
"You don't?! How come?!?!"
"Well...I'm not even married."
"YOU AREN'T?!?!"
"Nope...no son..no husband...I'm just an adult."
*Insert inquisitive look* "Sooo....everyone else on earth is married except for you?"
"Umm?."
*Throws himself dramatically on the ground* "Is your life just TERRIBLE?!?! Are you just DYING inside?!"
"Um, no. I'm actually pretty happy."
"Well, I would be dying!"

hahaha Insert another record scratch into my long list of moments. Just another welcome to my life, right? All of it will just be hilarious one day and that's what I hold onto. I mean, seriously! You can't make this stuff up!!! People say to me all the time "Only you, Abby..only you" and it's the truest statement I can think of.

1 comment:

  1. so GLAD you blogged about this!!! hilarious story! :) and you tell it so well in person

    ReplyDelete