Saturday, July 2, 2011

*IT'S US!!!*

There was a time when I watched 'Everybody Loves Raymond' and thought the family just barging into his house was funny. I figured it was made for sit com television and families in the real life never actually did that. Now that I am out on my own, I am realizing that there is a time in life when a family transfers from one type of relationship to the next where calls before coming are expected. I think my family didn't exactly get the memo on that one, though.

My mom has already complained that she never knows anything that is going on in my life because once I moved out, I kinda fell off the planet of our old household. Molly calls mom to tell her if a freckle has darkened and I pretty much keep things to myself. My dad said that he's happy that I have a facebook and blog so he can keep tabs on my life! There is definitely some truth to that.

Anyway…the other day I had plans to go to some fireworks with the church and was on a tight schedule. I get off at 6 and needed to shower and be ready by 7 which would make me late anyway. I don't like being late, but this was the only way I'd make it. Molly and Logan were getting in town that day so I thought I might stop by and say hello on my way out really quickly.

I got home and rushed into the shower and not three minutes later I started to hear someone outside my house. A wave of terror filled me as I turned off the water to listen closer for the noise. I definitely heard someone and was contemplating what I should do. After a while of listening, I figured it might also be my overactive imagination, so I turned the water back on. A few minutes later I heard lots of noises again and was definitely scared out of my mind.

I had taken up so much time trying to figure out if someone was breaking in, I knew I had to just turn the water on and get over it if I had any chance of keeping my time schedule. Once I got out, I realized my phone had BLOWN up with so many calls, texts, and voicemails from Molly and Mom.

Molly's texts: "Hey! Forgot to call, but I'm at your door!!! LET ME IN!!!" "HELLLO…HELP US! WE ARE OUT HERE!!!"

Mom's Voicemails: "ABBY! ABBY!!! I know you're probably in the shower, but get out here!
YOU HOO!!!!" "ABBY! It's your mother! I'm still out here waiting in the car! YOU HOO!!!
YOU HOO!!! COME OUT!!!! WE ARE WAITING! I jumped up to see if your car is here and it is!"

Next thing I know, I hear the doorbell ringing over and over and over and over and over and over and over! "BANG BANG…HELLO! IT'S US!!!" I kinda made a curious face at myself in the mirror as I screamed at the door that I would come in a minute. My hair was wet and mascara was literally streaming down my face like the main character in a horror film. I grabbed some make-up remover and was wiping my face as I opened the door.

"I wasn't expecting you, sorry!" I said as Molly made a dramatic scene about how hot she was waiting for me 15 minutes. "I didn't know I had to CALL these days, Abby! Sorry that I FORGOT TO CALL!!! I just couldn't wait to get here! You definitely don't have to CALL me when you show up to my house!" "Um, I'll probably call if I come to your house…it's just kinda what you do."

"Yes, ever since Abby has moved out she has been all INDEPENDENT and such! I have no idea what's going on in her life!" Mom explained to Molly as she showed her my bathroom. "I'm not trying to be independent, I'm just going on with life. I mean…Molly calls you about any little ailment, but I'm just not like that!" "THANK YOU, MOLLY!!! THANK YOU for giving me all the details that I NEEEED!" mom said dramatically looking my way. I laughed and told them that my stomach has hurt for a couple of weeks just in case they were wondering….I'd call and let them know when it stops.

I ended up not being ready in time and realized how hot it was so I changed my plans for the night. I didn't really mind because it was one of the best nights ever and all worked out beautifully! We are a family that gets all up in each others business, and in all honesty I do like it that way. I'd rather have family banging on my door scaring me half to death than a distant one that never shows. It really does make me feel special and important when I have people WAITING for me outside. It's nice and I love it! haha This is definitely a new experience in life, though….the awkward do I call or not call? Obviously, they have never dealt with that question, but still. haha Gotta love them! :)

By the way…Hello, Family! Here is a shout out! haha I am thinking of you! My head hurts a little and my right knee itches…but not anymore cause I just scratched it. How's that for details? haha Just kidding! LOVE YOU!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment