Monday, February 14, 2011

*Valentine's Day!*

If you are reading this tonight, it probably means you're home alone without a significant other or have tiny kids that have changed the meaning of Valentine's day. Human nature causes many people to be repulsed when reading a story about how successful or great a person's day is, and would rather hear a horrifying story to see how the person copes. Misery loves company, so I will tell you my embarrassing moment before I jump into how much I love Valentine's Day and how great it was today.

I went to the athletic club around 4:30 and by 5:45 I headed to Kroger to pick up some stuff for my school lunches. I was super gross from working out and looking like a ragga muffin. I didn't realize that Kroger would be hopping with people completely dressed up buying flowers which is obviously dumb on my part. (Note to self, always dress up on Valentine's Day no matter WHAT). Anyway, I'm super sweaty and all these men in tuxes are wizzing past me to buy flowers for their (I'm sure) fit fiances.

I felt a little bit awkward because I realized I was caught up in the frenzy of Valentine's Day that I didn't mean to be in! The worst part came when I was people watching and suddenly slammed strait into the frozen foods refrigerator only to have all these debonair men stare at me in disgust. RUDE! Haven't you ever let your mind wander and run into a shelf alone?! I mean hello! This isn't TOO out of the ordinary. Sorry that we have people that are too cool for school! Go have your boring date with no laughter or tripping or having your drink spill everywhere causing a scene. (Yes, that is how my dates usually go...I'm not exactly smooth)

So I completely embarrassed myself at Kroger and CLEARLY had no date plans what-so-ever, but hopefully that is bad enough to make this next part a little easier to read.... I LOVE Valentine's Day. I love the colors, I love everything it represents. I just really think love is a beautiful thing. Also, in Elementary School Valentine's Day is HUGE! We have a big party with lots of candy and prizes and celebration is in the air. Our entire day was full of fun and I got tons of gifts! My love language is gifts, so my heart is over flowing. My mom and dad got me a Valentine too which is always wonderful. My dad has always been so sweet to me on Valentine's Day, which is one of the reasons I love it. I feel so happy today! :) It was a Valentine's spent as a single, but it was far better than anytime I've had a boyfriend. In the past when I celebrated the 'romantic side' it really should of been called: "Find out your dating a dud day!". Disappointment CENTRAL!

On a final note..my favorite gift today came in the form of a plastic heart ring. I got it from a little boy who apparently goes home and tells his grandma how pretty I am. Talk about melting my heart! I told him I was going to wear the ring all day and he looked so pleased. He kept looking at it all day to make sure it was still there. I will for SURE keep it forever. My heart is so full. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your day, Abby! I am so glad you are going to be a teacher. Every year with a good teacher is such a blessing to a family! You will have a full heart in ways not everyone knows. I love you! Happy Valentine's Day.

    Tutu

    ReplyDelete