Thursday, February 10, 2011

*Treadmill Trauma*

Snow days have a horrible effect on me. They cause me sit in front of the tv all day watching sappy movies which makes my back hurt from immobility. Today I was tired of the ache, and decided that I should run on the treadmill to give my couch sores a little relief. (I know, I know...Richard Simmons would be none too pleased. I think he might understand the Hallmark Channel and snow days, though.)

I turned on the machine with my pink socked feet and jumped on in my penguin pajamas. (I was probably quite the site to see now that I think about it.) I turned the treadmill on high enough to run and started away. Everything seemed fine until I turned it up a little bit higher and my arms started flinging higher and faster into disaster. Before I knew it, my pinky got caught in some sort of reading tray and when I tried to take my hand out the skin peeled RIGHT off in a dramatic fashion! "AHH!" I screamed as I grabbed my pinky, legs still running fast. Turning off the machine did not cross my mind, so I kept running and holding my pinky at the same time. Blood began to pour and I decided it was time to let it go. My treadmill run was a complete and utter failure.

I ran into the kitchen holding my bloody finger when mom asked me what happened:"I was running on the treadmill and got my finger stuck in the tray!!!" "What?! Why were you doing that?" she said back in confusion. I cleaned off my finger and held a paper towel tight around it. I wasn't about to give up…

I was too afraid of the treadmill, so I ended up running circles around the house while my mom cooked. "Don't get blood on the carpet!" she yelled as I whipped past. I got the idea of running around my house from my grandpa who does it everyday. He walks in circles and Nana just pretends like everything is normal.

I probably looked like a crazy person running around the house, but it really did make me feel better and there was no way I was venturing out into the cold. Besides, I embrace the random moments of life. All of my closest friends aren't surprised by anything I do anymore. I have to have friends who are up for a lot of random moments and will laugh them off. People who don't laugh off weird moments freak me out! I mean…seriously. Get that chip off your shoulder and laugh or this is gonna be a lot more awkward than it should be! Do you know what I'm saying?!

My pinky is still in a lot of pain, but I'm gonna be alright. I think I'll stay away from that treadmill from now on, though. That reading tray is very dangerous.




3 comments:

  1. "All of my closest friends aren't surprised by anything I do anymore."
    hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahah when you described what you were wearing- I knew EXACTLY what you were talking aobut!!!!! hahah and your closest friends arent surprised by the random moments---WE'RE EXPERIENCING THEM WITH YOU!!! LOL!!!!!
    I love that you are random and that we do random things together!! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mother's reserve is impressive. She sounds like it's just another day at the Pate house!

    Hope your pinky recovers!

    ReplyDelete