Thursday, February 24, 2011

*Not Mature Enough!*

Disclaimer:
-For Immature Audiences Only-

There are times in life when I feel like I've finally made my way into maturity, but today was not that day.

I can handle an old man or woman giving me a shot in the booty, but these days they are breeding hottie RN's in their mid twenties which is a CRIME if you ask me. How am I supposed to feel comfortable exposing my cheeks in neon lighting when a nice looking, not very much older than me man is the one making the poke? An old man probably has a nasty behind anyway, so it's not embarrassing at all. A woman makes me feel comfortable as well, but today I got stuck with an attractive male which was not okay.

My doctor was cute, my RN was cute, and EVEN my scribe was cute!!! HOW did that happen?! They were all three standing around me staring: "Tell us your weight, please." *insert scribe writing something* UHHHH…do you HATE me?! Can't you see I'm in enough pain already, mister hotties?! I came in with mascara all over my face from crying and I was not in a good state, yet these men rudely asked me how much I weighed. Even worse, I think it was to figure out how much meds to give me in my booty! They said I had the choice between a shot or pills, but the shot works faster. I asked if I could get it in the arm and one of them said yes, but the RN had already left and did not hear that conversation apparently.

So the RN comes back with the needle and asks if I'm ready for my shot and I get my arm ready accordingly. "No, you need to get it in your hip actually." Now, I'm smarter than that…I've gotten a "hip" shot before and that is NOT my hip. I was a nightmare patient and looked at him with a very serious "NO WAY" face on. He had to literally coax me into it, but I finally caved. Being in as much pain as I was, I kinda had to put that to the wayside.

People always say for doctors it's "just another booty", but I focus on what I'd be thinking. I could NEVER be a doctor because I would just laugh and giggle a lot which would make the patient uneasy I bet. I would accidentally be judgmental as well, so I think it's best I stick to Elementary Education for now.

My nurse was really calm about the whole thing which was very professional, but awkward if you ask me. What do you do just stand in silence through it all?! It's just so WEIRD. Where is an old man when you need them?!

Why all three of the people who helped me had to be cute is beyond me. It was just soooooo traumatic. Having your throat close up is scary enough, but losing a little bit of dignity makes it even worse. How is a girl supposed to leave not scarred for life in a situation like that? I guess when you feel that bad, you just do whatever you can to get better. And that's what I did.

*Yes, I did just give you that much detail into my ER visit today. You're welcome.*






1 comment:

  1. im so glad you posted this! but so sad you had to go through it!!! where were nana and poppy during this all??

    ReplyDelete