Wednesday, August 25, 2010

*Roaches and Robbers*

I'm writing to you from Macy's room, because I have fled the scene of a major incident. If you know me, you know that I have a really hard time spending the night out so this is a BIG deal. I don't want to panic anyone, but earlier today I was maturely doing my homework in bed when all the sudden I saw something out of the corner of my eye crawl on my blanket. Next thing I know a monstrosity of a roach is hopping off the covers and scurrying right beside me on the wall! I ran as fast as I could to my closet and grabbed a shoe to get rid of the problem, but all it did was make it fall onto my bed and shake violently on it's back! Guts everywhere…on my covers and on the wall!!!!! It was a VERY serious situation.

My suite mate thought I had broken a leg from my screaming and was relieved it was only a roach…...Only a roach?! ONLY A ROACH?!?!? You may laugh and say it's not big deal, but have YOU had a roach in your bed?! Walk two seconds in my shoes and then we'll talk. Luckily Jessica had a few roach traps laying around because she brought her entire household to school. We pushed my bed away from all the walls and set traps for the next beast who comes out to play. I still can't get the guts to go back into my bed, but hopefully i'll have the courage after I douse the entire room with roach killer tomorrow. It's just too late to get it now and I'm honestly really tired. For now….I'm bunking in the hibernation station. (aka Macy's room)

I have been through a great deal of strife in the past two days not only because of the roach, but also because of a robber and lockdown. A bank robber decided it'd be a good idea to run from the po po through OBU's campus not knowing our safety officers are specially trained in guerilla warfare and other scary things. We were on lockdown for two hours while the robber was having what I like to call…a REALLY bad day.

I would be lying if I told you I didn't make three panicked laps around the coffee table with my other suite mate when the "VIOLENT ACTIVITY ON CAMPUS" alarm was going off. The alarm in our building is so serious, I wish they would make it a little more light. It yelled at me and made me panic even more! If the alarm wasn't so alarming, I wouldn't have been such a mess. Luckily, we started laughing at ourselves pretty quick and 95% of the lockdown was actually really funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment