Sunday, August 22, 2010

*Pants on the ground, underpants on the ground!*

I typically like to make a grand entrance when I enter a place and moving back to college was no different. You definitely know that Abby has moved to town when a whole drawer full of underwear is sprawled across the lawn. The words "Epic Fail" were created for moments such as these.

The worst part is probably the fact that the dad's in the parking lot all ran over to help with the dumped drawers. I'm good at playing the damsel in distress and actually love it, but please men…back off at times such as these. Let a girl keep a little bit of dignity! The good news is, I wasn't actually out there when it happened. Someone said I was the only person on earth who wouldn't be embarrassed by something like this, which is very false. I would have DIED if I was there. Hearing about it is super funny, because my dad was the one that had to deal with it. His words to me when I got my grassy filled garments were: "ZIPLOCK!!! Have you ever heard of it!?" Yes, I have heard of a ziplock bag, but these plastic drawers promised me more than they were able to give. I guess I was kind enough to learn the lesson of not using those drawers for everyone to know in the future. You're welcome, everyone.

So we had this welcome line for the freshman where we cheered and high fived them etc. High fiving is strange in itself, but the added awkwardness of torches and the cover of night made it even worse. My poor hand was rejected a lot and sometimes when new students were about to high five me, I accidentally pulled away. It was like nails on a chalkboard!!!! Maybe worse!!!! I think my days of meet and greet are OVER. Too much for someone as socially inept as me. I need my safety zone and in that safety zone there are absolutely NO HIGH FIVES!!!! Who made up the high five anyway? It is super weird!!!! There is nothing not weird about it!!!!!!

Luckily, I have the same room and bed as I did last year so I feel like I'm starting where I left off. Getting used to a new bed is REAAAALLLLY hard for me. I never spend the night out or anything because of it. I can't take the chance of sleeping in a bed that smells like feet and at a strangers house you just never know. I have been in some pretty sticky situations when it comes to spending the night out, which makes me very happy to be in my bed now. I have to have a bed that smells really good or I can't sleep. Good thing this bed smells great and is familiar. I love familiarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment