Friday, October 30, 2009

*Where's my car?!*

It would be a lie if I told you that I don't lose my car on a regular basis. Usually I have to circle the parking lot at least once to find it, but today the circling was not doing the trick..... MY. CAR. WAS. GONE. Let me start from the beginning....

My alarm went off at 6:25 am this morning which was the first mistake of the day. Start mistakes that early, and you got yourself a problem.The night before was filled with movies and happiness so I decided to save my homework for the morning. In my defense, my homework ends up being best if I do it in the morning. If I do it at night, I've already spent all my energy in class and have nothing left to give. The morning causes me to start my homework clean and fresh on a hopeful step to the future. But I need to remember to push through on Thursday nights, because getting up THAT early on Friday is not worth it at all.Friday's are my earliest days to wake up, because I have a first grade class to teach at 8am.

When I woke up I was absolutely shocked at how dark it was outside. I kept opening my curtain and closing it and opening and closing it to see if I was imagining things. Not only was it dark, but the rain was pouring down in massive sheets. Getting up was not looking good for me, but I did anyway, as any studious and responsible girl should. I had to copy some pages so I scheduled some time to go to the computer lab before I drove to the school. After about an hour of homework I was getting a little close on time, so I decided I should leave early to make sure I got all the copies done. I put on my nice clothes and shoes and headed out the door into the monsoon. I finally made it to the back forty where I usually park my car and although my feet were freezing, I was still hopeful for the day. That is until the usual circling to look for my car turned into a twenty minute panic fest. Safety had their eye on me as was running around in the rain/making laps around the lot! I went through every single line in the pouring rain/pitch dark weather and my soul felt as soaked as my clothes. I was freezing and there were puddles in my nice shoes. I had to be at the school in twenty minutes, so I questioned what to do. Should I call somebody for a ride? No, I need to get the copies!!!! But what if I don't make it on time?!?! And then it hit me...I had parked over in the OTHER parking lot. Are you kidding me?!?! I had been panicking in the back forty for twenty minutes, when my car was safely in the front parking lot. I rushed to the car through the floods and finally made it to the copier that was conveniently out of paper. But I monitored and adjusted to make it work. Who needs copies anyway? Not me! Plus I was too freezing to care about anything else but finding a dry, warm area. And at least I had found my lost car....

I need to have a parking space with my name on it so tragedies like this don't happen every Friday. How am I supposed to find my car if I re-park it ten times a day in different places?!?! Seriously?!

No comments:

Post a Comment