Saturday, October 10, 2009

*Winning Isn't Everything*

Tonight CM won Tiger Tunes!!!!! So much good has come out of the past month working with all these people. We had devotionals every time, and made friendships that mean so much. Winning was not even in our vocabulary, so it was such a shock when we starting getting awards. We were all there to have a good time, and not worried about winning. I think we might have talked about winning one time in the whole month. That was the last thing on our minds...everything we were doing at practice made tunes worth it reguardless of the outcome. We had a BLAST!!!!!!!!! We worked so hard, and the feeling of team spirit was so intense.Everything was leading up to this one moment...the moment when Tiger Tunes is officially over and the winner is announced...I was surprised the first couple of nights when we got so many awards, so I started to wonder what it would be like if we won. But when we were finally announced the winner,it felt nothing like I thought it would. Anti climactic, really.

People try so hard, and give up so much time and effort to win Tiger Tunes. Some people may get sad if they don't place where they thought they would, and then there are people like me that can't believe they placed at all! Let alone first! WOW!!! I have yet to see the show, considering I'm in it. And I'm towards the front a lot, so I really have no idea what it looks like at all. I'll be happy to watch it online at some point! See what this winning team was all about. Yesterday was a lot more exciting than today, I'm not sure why. I think it's because today the winner was announced and then it was like...now what? I mean...I guess I don't see or understand why people strive so hard to win, when winning doesn't feel that different than losing! And then when you win..okay...life goes on and people forget.

I have been on teams that win, and teams that lose, and something that always amazes me is that I never feel any different either way! If I win, I may have that excited feeling for five seconds, but then I go back to normal. If I lose, I don't even get that upset, and then go on with life. It really doesn't matter to me. Why do people in general beat their brains out to win? I mean even in sports..in anything, really! What's the big deal, anyway?! I seriously have NO CLUE!!! YES..it's SO great and all..but winning should NOT be everything!!!! Winning will not make you feel any more fulfilled than you did before you won. You may spend your whole life working up to something that doesn't really matter. It makes me want to focus on setting my goals in life to things that matter, and not just winning. CM worked towards both, and I like that. We worked on growing spiritually before each practice, and also relationships with others was top priority as well. Not only were we working for Tiger Tunes, but we were also working on our hearts!!!!

All the hard work was completely worth it! And I'd do it all over again even if we were in last place every night. Because it's not about winning! It's about the memories and the team spirit that come with being a part of Tiger Tunes! And if you HAPPEN to come in first place, and win every award..so be it!!!! Just make sure that winning is not the only reason for doing something. Because you feel the same either way. Trust me on this one. When you lose, you may dream of what winning feels like, but it's really not that life altering. Winning will never fulfill anything!!!! Only Jesus can! :)

Question of the night:Now that I have my life back, and tiger tunes isn't taking all my time....what do I do now? haha

No comments:

Post a Comment