Saturday, October 24, 2009

*Bask in these moments*

I am looking out a huge window at the perfectly blue sky and the red, orange, and brown leaves all over the trees. It is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! The sun is shining so bright, and my spirits seem to be follow. I am SO thankful for this time of year! Not only is the weather INCREDIBLE, but there are three Holidays are soon to follow! Halloween, Thanksgiving, AND Christmas!!!! Pumpkin painting and carving is on everyone's to do list, and Starbucks is FINALLY selling the Harvest Spice latte yet again!!!!! I am SO happy right now. I want to go jump around outside to music in a Halloween costume! I want to run through corn mazes and eat halloween candy until I'm sick. I want to be outside!!!! I am not an outdoorsy person, but this time of year is loaded with possibilities and the weather is calling my name! It's a little glimpse of Heaven in my life. Each year I can be reminded of God's faithfulness, because the winter does come,but HE is faithful to bring spring, summer, and fall back again!!!!! Every season has it's wonders, but I particularly like Autumn!!!! It's gorgeous...and it brings me new hope! Hope that one day the leaves in my life will change and fall off, and something new will grow. Thankfulness at the leaves that are in my life, because they are there for a reason. Thankfulness that I am exactly where God wants me to be, and those leaves won't fall until it's time. Sometimes our leaves are here for a reason, but eventually they need to change for new things in our hearts and lives to grow. There are many phases in our life, and the purposes will not fully be known until this side of Heaven. Yes, the leaves speak to me. I bet I would laugh at anyone else who was writing so seriously about leaves. Wow.

I hope that the Fall makes you guys as happy as it does me :) Let's bask in these moments of bliss, because life is hard, and the going gets tough...but the Lord brings about wonderful things to make the journey worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment