Monday, May 11, 2009

*I'm a Bridesmaid!*

Today Allyson asked me and Molly to be her bridesmaids, and it was so exciting!!! I was completely surprised!!! We all jumped around screaming and scared everyone around us. It was so fun, and it makes me look forward to all the amazing things we are gonna get to do over the next year. It is a privlege and honor for her to ask me, and she is such a special girl in my life so I wouldn't have it any other way! There hasn't been a day in my life that I have not known her. About three hours after she asked us to be her bridesmaids we drove by her house and said "Look out your window!" We drove by honking and said "We are gonna stalk you, because that's the duty of a bridesmaid!!!" She might of started to second guess her choice at that point...haha


Molly got her finger sized for a ring today....it is a fun/crazy feeling. I can't believe that Molly is going to be engaged soon. I am so happy for her! It is just strange because I have two whole years of school left, and marriage is not even close to in sight. Molly might have like five kids before I even find that Godly man that I'm waiting for. I mean the guy I want...well I haven't even met anyone like him before, but i have to trust God that he exists. Because there is no way I'm gonna go into a marriage with someone who isn't 100% on fire for the Lord! The Lord has opened my eyes to many things, and I will settle with nothing less than someone who is running strait in the direction of God. I am setting my standards much higher than I have in the past, because this is my life we are talking about. And if I trust in the Lord, and wait on Him, and TRULY seek after Him with all my heart...He will bless me for it. Just like He has blessed Molly. So until then, I am staying single. If I'm single for ten years, then so be it! Because I'd much rather be single, than be somewhere with someone that the Lord doesn't want!!! I've tried to put matters in my own hands my entire life, because I was so afraid that guy wasn't out there. But I'm done putting things into my own hands, and I'm more than willing to wait as long as it takes to become the woman of God I am supposed to be, and find that man who loves the Lord first and foremost. Someone who I can trust and count on to lead me spiritually, and take care of my heart. Because if I don't trust the person I'm with, I am a disaster. I think that I would be much easier to be around if I was dating someone I trusted. So for now...I'm gonna enjoy my single life for however long it takes...years even...and I'll just make the best of all the marriage around me and have so much fun with it!!!! I'm excited for them, and I know God has some great things in store!!!!!!!!!


I went to the doctor for my elbow today, which I have to have physical therapy for now! I wish that I would've never hurt it in the first place, because it is a constant reminder of one of the worst nights of my life!!! My elbow pain needs to leave, so I won't be reminded! But I'm still really happy with how things are going in my life, and I owe it all to the Lord!!!! He has a lot in store for me, and is teaching me so much. I am really excited at the spiritual insights I have been getting and can't wait to get more!!!!! The Lord is GOOD!!!!!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. ABBY!!! I am your first follower!! YEA!!! :) I was following your other blog that you shared with Katelind and Hannah. I am so glad you're blogging again. I love to blog..it's so therapeutic. Anyway, you're a great writer and always fun to read. I am so happy for you that you are going to be a bridesmaid! FUN! I'm proud of you and that you are waiting for the right man to come along and that you have raised your expectations. I love you!!! Happy Tuesday!!!

    ReplyDelete