Saturday, May 15, 2010

Writing in Nowhere

I've decided to blog in order to get my mind off my massive headache and the fact that we've been driving through nowhere for about two hours now. Mom says if you use the bathroom in a cornfield you will be shot or arrested, so if ya gotta go, you are out of luck. I keep thinking civilization is around the next bend, but that's never the case. Kinda how school felt for a while, but that long road has come to an end...for now anyway.

I shouldn't be complaining because I'm one blessed girl and I've just had one of my favorite weeks in my life so far. I've even gotten a new contentment for where I am in life because I had a nightmare that I had to pay my own bills and I'm embarrased to say I woke up with real tears running down my face. In the dream I owed $600 but I only had $100 in the bank! It was the worst feeling and I never want to feel it again. It made me very happy to realize I'm still riding the dad train for at least one more year. It's a cozy ride and I'm thankful.

I think a trip to the beach is definitely the best way to start of a summer vacation. This entire week has been nothing but fun with hardly any worries at all. I love that the Lord blesses us with weeks like these. I am so undeserving, but He allows it anyway!

Being around the ocean makes me feel very close to the Lord. It's so huge and unfathomable and full of so much power. Sometimes the waves would pull me around like a rag doll and that's the Sea the Lord can calm with just a word. Not to mention the edge of the ocean is obedient to the Savior. It was told to go no further, and it didn't! The same Lord who is with me right now is the one who controls where the shore and sea divide. The same God who holds my right hand and tells me not to fear and that He will help me. It's too great for me ever to fully understand!!!! But i do understand enough to be thankful and feel very loved by God :)

That's all for now because my eyes are going cross eyed and blurry from the screen.


No comments:

Post a Comment